Connecting DVR 622

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I currently have two cables running from my dish 1000 to two receivers (one in different rooms). I want to get the DVR 622, but I cannot run anymore cables from the dish. I was wondering if it is possible to split the cable inside the house so I can utilize the second dish input in the 622 receiver. I would like two watch one channel and record another one. Is there some kind of signal splitter I can use?

Thanks

When the installer comes out he will probably use a signal separator that looks like an ordinary splitter. I am asssuming that this is replacing an existing receiver.

BTW you will have 3 tuners (if you hook up OTA) you could record 3 separate programs and watch a program recorded earlier.

to answer your question... NO, there is no splitter to do what you want to do. I'm guessing right now you have a DPP Twin on the Dish1000 and the 129 is going into the input on that.
To do what you want to do the installer will have to either put in a DP34 or DPP44 switch to hook up ANY additional receivers to your existing setup.
Sorry

Yes. Although some of them look a bit different. As for the switch that does depend on whethr you are replacing one of the original receivers or adding an additional one. In fact you might even plan to replace them BOTH.

to answer your question... NO, there is no splitter to do what you want to do. I'm guessing right now you have a DPP Twin on the Dish1000 and the 129 is going into the input on that.
To do what you want to do the installer will have to either put in a DP34 or DPP44 switch to hook up ANY additional receivers to your existing setup.
Sorry

Not necessarily true. If a third receiver is needed, the installer will probably just upgrade the D1000 to a D1000.2. That will enable a receiver setup without any additional switches.

If the D1000 is a DPPTwin with a DP LNBF on the "LNBF IN" port then it will work fine with a separator.

What does "check switch" say is connected?

ok, i assumed he was adding the 622 to his existing setup. If you are replacing 1 or more of your current receivers, then yeah, the installer should be able to use your current wiring as is without running any more cable.

If the D1000 is a DPPTwin with a DP LNBF on the "LNBF IN" port then it will work fine with a separator.

What does "check switch" say is connected?

The "check switch" says

110 119 129
OK OK OK

I am simply replacing the 211 with 622. I will not be adding a third receiver. I do have the DPP Plus Twin LNBF.