Connecting Three antennas with DP21's

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I am trying to add 129 and need to know if this combo of DP switches will work with my 811, soon to be a 211. I have two antennas, one at 110 and one at 119. I am currently using Directv LNB's and a legacy SW21 into my 811. I think I need to change to DP LNB'S and I hope I can use two DP21's. One to connect the 110 and 119 and then use one more DP21 to bing in the third Antenna at 129. The antennas are in different locations, the first two, 110 and 119 in location A and 129 will need to be physically separated and hope the SW21's can be use this way. I know a DP34 is the usual answer, it will not work due to the locations of the antennas. Thanks for any replies and expericence with the two DP21's.

If you want to use a DP21 or a DP34, your LNBs have to be Dish Pro also. Since you need to upgrade your LNBs, get a DP Twin and all you need is one cable from the Twin and one cable from 129 (DP Dual or Dp Single) to go into the DP21.

You can put the 129 in a different location and bring the 2 lines to a central point where you can have the switch and combine the 3 satellite feeds and then the feed to your receiver.

Very good information, thanks a lot, I am in a sort of distant location, and due to the separation of 119 and 110 its necessary for me two use two different antennas, I use a 2.4 meter on 110 and a 1.8 on 119. I plan to change out the LNB's to Dish Pro and then back to one of the fist questions, can I connect the 110 and 119 with a DP21 and bring the lead to the junction of the 129 and add it with another DP21?

You can't cascade switches of the same type. You can take an output of a DP34 to a DP21 for four sats, or a DPP44 to a DP21 for five, but DP21 to DP21 won't work.

dbajaer said:
Very good information, thanks a lot, I am in a sort of distant location, and due to the separation of 119 and 110 its necessary for me two use two different antennas, I use a 2.4 meter on 110 and a 1.8 on 119. I plan to change out the LNB's to Dish Pro and then back to one of the fist questions, can I connect the 110 and 119 with a DP21 and bring the lead to the junction of the 129 and add it with another DP21?

For that type of setup, I would just get a DP34. Run the three feeds to the DP34 and then to the receiver(s). I don't really know if using 2 DP21s will work in that setup, never tried it.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited:
I don't know why you think a DP34 will not work.

As long as you stay within the total cable length limits (200' per bird - total run to receiver), there should be no problem.

dbajaer, you can do what you propose by staying with a legacy setup. Put a Microyal SW21X switch in place of the SW21 you have now for 119 and 110. The SW21 would then take the output of the SW21X to input 1 and the output of a legacy LNB to input 2. The 129 dish can have a single or dual, but if you ever add a second tuner it will have to be a dual.

Geeeez, what a wealth of information! Thanks mucho to all 5 for the good and useful info. I will probably stay with the legacy set up because I have it on very good info in fringe areas like I am in, the legacy LNB's have a bit wider freq range and actually bring in a weaker signal. The switch info is priceless, I am Googling for the the Microroyal SW21X, too easy only one item to procure! This also means I do not need to add to the garden antenna farm and can just add the roof mounted 1.2 meter to the gaggle and vola! 129 added and now to upgrade to the VP211 and change my HD package, afterwards of course! Thanks again from a distant place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)