Connecting two dish companies through one line

KIRRIDAM

Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
alabama
Hi Folks,

I've two dish companies; dish network and globecast. My main living room has one cable outlet. Is it possible to run both companies through that one outlet so that when I use a splitter and conect to both the Dish Network Receiver and Globecast Receiver, I'll get both the services from that one outlet?

Any idea would greatly help me. I just done want to run a new cable over the carpet.

Thanks,
J

Dont think it will be possible because the dish receiver is gona look at the splitter as a switch and it will not work sorry need to run 2 cables.

You would have to find out what frequency range the Globecast is, if it's lower ranges like OTA you may be able to use a diplexer, and get it done. But I highly doubt it.

Another option is to put your dish receiver in the basement at the source where your dish sat feed cable comes in the house(using a uhf remote in your living room to run the box) then you can diplex the dish TV picture and the Globecast sat feed together to the living room through 1 wire. :up

Yes it will work with one line. When you want to watch DISH you connect the line on the back of the DISH receiver and then go outside and connect the other end of the cable to the DISH Network DISH. When you want globecast ypu reverse the process just that simple.

Yes it will work with one line. When you want to watch DISH you connect the line on the back of the DISH receiver and then go outside and connect the other end of the cable to the DISH Network DISH. When you want globecast ypu reverse the process just that simple.

LMFAO :D

Now THAT'S good!LMAO!:) Why didn't I think of that???:confused::rolleyes:

Ed