Connecting VIP 622

sboulstridge

Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Hi
I have a SONY HDTV. I have just got the VIP 622 and the duffer connected it with the 5 (FIVE) cables into the HD slots.

My question is:

There is a socket for an 'HDTV Digital audio and video to an HDTV'

Can I use this to plug into the HDMI slot on the back of the TV ? Cuz this would free up my HDTV inputs. There only seems to be two. So one for the receiver, one for the X-Box and nothing for the DVD player.

Is this what this HDTV slot is for ?

Cheers for any help
Steve

Yep! That's what it's for. IMO, the HDMI gives a better picture anyways. There are some posts that state there are some software issues with the HDMI. *knock on wood* I have yet to see any of those during installs

Echo that, however read the threads for HDMI problems with the 622 (I'm in there a lot) just so you know what has been happening. Just type "622 HDMI" (no quotes) in the search box and you'll see a wealth of experience. But chances are that you'll be just fine...

You'll need an HDMI plug on the 622 end and probably the same on the TV end (my Sony LCD takes the HDMI plug). That will make both the video and audio connections to the TV for that input. Don't spend upwards of $100 for such a cable from the big box stores, tho'. Check www.monoprice.com or equivalent - they're as low as $10 in short lengths and even the cheapest cables should work just fine.

Welcome, BTW...!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)