Connecting vip 722 to internet via laptop

user1337

Original poster
May 17, 2009
US
Today I decided to try out the slingbox for dish dvrs. It said I had to connect to the internet and since I don't have a homeplug, I decided to try it through my windows vista laptop. I tried to share the connection and connect the dvr to the laptop via ethernet. When I tested the connection everything was showing up including ip and dns, however it said the internet was not working. I than connected the laptop to my 360 to see if anything was wrong and it worked fine. I have spent the last three hours trying to get it to work, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

In order for this to work you must have a router or network setup the reason Is the 360 and the xbox is vista compatiable I have a 360 and xbox and they both show up on the network. I do know that you are not suppose to connect ethernet to ethernet it wont work. My dvr 622 show up find on the network I have the 622 connected on my network going through my router and my laptop connects wirless on my wirless router and I can control my dvr online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts