Considering a change to Hopper 3 from HPR2000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lzboy6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 17, 2014
California
Hello Folks, a question if I may.

We currently have HPR 2000 and all works fine for us. We have 2 Dish satellite dishes attached to our chimney. We have been Dish customers for many, many years. We also have Apple TV and recently our son hooked up his Amazon receiver for us. I do not know if it matters but we live in the California Central Valley.
We visited our son this past weekend in Sacramento and he was using the Hopper 3. We came to enjoy the features that was available with the Hopper 3.

I do not know if there is much of a money change monthly for us if we switch to 3. We rent our 2000 and would rent the 3. My question is will it be necessary to have a service installer to take care of our change?
And, if so, would there be a need for changing our roof mounted satellite dishes?

Thanks for any help and advice.
Bob

Hopper 2000.

Yes, it will have to be installed. Different equipment in addition to the DVR change out. You may get a good deal on the upgrade. Maybe $100 plus 2 year commitment.

Reactions: lzboy6
My question is will it be necessary to have a service installer to take care of our change?
As mentioned above, unless you buy the Hopper 3 yourself along with the other necessary "stuff", yes, Dish will have to install it. It requires the LNB(s) on your dish(es) to be swapped to a newer version and a "splitter" added. Because you have (2) dishes, you'll also need another, just-released 'switch' (maybe it takes the place of the "splitter" - I don't know and if Dish is doing the work, it doesn't matter).
And, if so, would there be a need for changing our roof mounted satellite dishes?
The dishes themselves should be fine considering your already have Hoppers - that means they're not that old. They will need the LNBs swapped as I said above.

As mentioned above, unless you buy the Hopper 3 yourself along with the other necessary "stuff", yes, Dish will have to install it. It requires the LNB(s) on your dish(es) to be swapped to a newer version and a "splitter" added. Because you have (2) dishes, you'll also need another, just-released 'switch' (maybe it takes the place of the "splitter" - I don't know and if Dish is doing the work, it doesn't matter).
The dishes themselves should be fine considering your already have Hoppers - that means they're not that old. They will need the LNBs swapped as I said above.
Actually with the 42 switch, the LNBs will that exist will be just fine. The will not need to be changed to hybrid because the 42 switch has the hybrid built in to it.

Reactions: lzboy6 and pattykay
Thanks to all for your replies. They are greatly appreciated and we will be more comfortable making the change over decision.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts