Considering change from Dish to Direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would imagine that is his complaint as well.

Personally, I take the opposite stance. I would much rather have full dvr functionality with a client versus the H-25.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would rather have a full functioning HD DVR vs a client.

Which also begs the question,say that I kept my HR24,but returned my HR22 & HR23 for a HR34/44 Genie & one C31/41 client. Would the client be able to see recordings from the HR24 under whole home DVR in addition to the Genie?

As far as I know, Yes ...

I would rather have a full functioning HD DVR vs a client.

Well that is a different situation than having the h25, which is what I and the Op were talking about. Having another hr tied into the system certainly has advantages of redundancy and added tuners, but as far as dvr functionality, the client gives you what another hr does, except what I mentioned above.

biggest gripe is can't re-wind live tv. I understand that it's not really a dvr. But, somewhere I had the idea it could rewind whatever we were watching live. Oh well.

Thanks for all the replies. I signed up today at Costco and my install is Thursday between 1 and 6. I decided to get a HR34 and a HR24. The $200 rebate from Costco plus the introductory offer made it painless.

$14 a month increase ?

Mine went up the usual few bucks.
$2 on Ultimate
$2 on HBO
$2 RSN fee
$2 on Protection plan
$5 on Advanced Receiver fee
+6% sales tax = .78
$13.78

My $2 credit for Ultimate and $2 credit for Advanced Receiver fee, ran out May 14 since that's when my price guarantee ended.
Right now I get a Starz Showtime 2 for 1 that's it!

Thanks for all the replies. I signed up today at Costco and my install is Thursday between 1 and 6. I decided to get a HR34 and a HR24. The $200 rebate from Costco plus the introductory offer made it painless.
You will love that combo!

H25 is an independent 1-tuner receiver that is connected to the HD DVR/Genie under whole home DVR,whereas the C31/C41 client is a slave unit tied to the Genie,& if the Genie goes down,you lose ALL TV viewing with the client versus still having TV to watch with the H25.
Yep agree! If my HR34 craps out all 3 of my bedrooms will still be working just fine, and I still can record to my HR23 until the new Genie arrives!

Note with the AM21: Without getting a client, you will only have direct access to it from the one unit it is installed on. Example, if you install it on the HR34, you will not be able to see the OTA info on the HR24. Of course, if there is something you wanna watch on an OTA channel, hit record and you can watch it virtually live (10 second or so delay) on the other receiver. The client shows everything that the genie does.

You'll be very happy with Directv and wish you would have made the switch earlier. Enjoy!

One additional question. Other than an internet connection to the HR34, are there any other devices require to receive programming on an iPad?

One additional question. Other than an internet connection to the HR34, are there any other devices require to receive programming on an iPad?

Genie Go will let you stream over home wifi any channel and runs $99. Rumor is it will expand to out-of-home streaming later this year.

The iPad app alone will let streaming of select channels, but it comes from Directv servers instead of your receiver, and is not dependent on an internet connection to your receiver.

I got my install today and got the HR44. I just learned from the installer that this is the 2nd unit he has installed. It is a small unit. I was at my parents home and they had Dish for many yrs like myself. Their receiver blew out and Dish told me they were doing us a favor shipping another and not charging shipping costs. LOL. I look at my parents channel lineup. They are pauing according to them (90.00) for nothing. They get zip. No HBO, Showtime etc. They don't evn get channels like CNN and such for 90.00. That is outrageous. They are going to direct also. The Costco deal makes it even sweeter.

I am glad that you are happy with your hr-44, I am as well.

However.... CNN is available with dish in America's top 120. I have no idea how your parents could spend $90+ and not get that channel.

I got my install today and got the HR44. I just learned from the installer that this is the 2nd unit he has installed. It is a small unit. I was at my parents home and they had Dish for many yrs like myself. Their receiver blew out and Dish told me they were doing us a favor shipping another and not charging shipping costs. LOL. I look at my parents channel lineup. They are pauing according to them (90.00) for nothing. They get zip. No HBO, Showtime etc. They don't evn get channels like CNN and such for 90.00. That is outrageous. They are going to direct also. The Costco deal makes it even sweeter.

Be sure to give them ur account # and u can get an additional $10 off a month for 10 months for referring them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts