Considering DISH

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
Hello all, I have DTV right now , but the current deal for fifty bucks a month really has me thinking of paying my etf and going with DISH. I was on the site but I really have no idea about the hardware. I have three tvs so I dont know what I need. Also is there a way to find out if they carry CW in HD? Im tired of watching the Flash and Arrow in SD. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Yes, go to your market on "the list" at the top of this page, and you can see what you have and where.

Also, if coming to Dish, shoot me a message and I'll give you a referral certificate to get you an additional $50 savings to help with that ETF(it's a $5x10 month credit.).

Hello all, I have DTV right now , but the current deal for fifty bucks a month really has me thinking of paying my etf and going with DISH. I was on the site but I really have no idea about the hardware. I have three tvs so I dont know what I need. Also is there a way to find out if they carry CW in HD? Im tired of watching the Flash and Arrow in SD. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Honestly I just switched to dish and couldn't be happier about my decision. Had I been on sat guys before being a dish subscriber I would've definitely gotten a referral code from someone the hopper has been an excellent addition to my home. My only regret is not getting a super joey instead of a joey for my second tv.

It's possible your local CW in your market hasn't switched to HD so no one would have it, but easy enough to check. (Or tell us your market) Also be sure DISH carries whatever sports you expect to get, and the local sports channels are not in HD 24hrs, only when the pro games are shown.
Talk to a Dish rep here (DIRT) to get the best deal. Alternatively you can talk to your local DISH dealer if you have one. As most anytime you switch and are a new customer you will definitely save money over what you are paying now.

It's possible your local CW in your market hasn't switched to HD so no one would have it, but easy enough to check. (Or tell us your market) Also be sure DISH carries whatever sports you expect to get, and the local sports channels are not in HD 24hrs, only when the pro games are shown.
Talk to a Dish rep here (DIRT) to get the best deal. Alternatively you can talk to your local DISH dealer if you have one. As most anytime you switch and are a new customer you will definitely save money over what you are paying now.
I contacted a Zach. He was the main person I saw on a thread so I figured he would be the one to go to? My zip is 45011. As for the CW I know that Cincinnati Bell has the HD feed but DTV nor TW have access to it.

I contacted a Zach. He was the main person I saw on a thread so I figured he would be the one to go to? My zip is 45011. As for the CW I know that Cincinnati Bell has the HD feed but DTV nor TW have access to it.
I don't show the Cincinatti DMa has a CW. I see a MyTV WSTR, and it is SDHD

Thanks for chiming in. Is this dish something they would know to install? Sorry Im a noob with the sat tech.

I would surely hope so, it wouldn't hurt to verify with the tech before they start if you go this route.

Reactions: qcjoe
Just remember, your dish should have three eyeballs, 2 close to one another, the third further apart. Anything else would be wrong for you. That's the best way to check the tech and not get fooled in any case.

Just remember, your dish should have three eyeballs, 2 close to one another, the third further apart. Anything else would be wrong for you. That's the best way to check the tech and not get fooled in any case.
Good to know. Im just used to how dtvs are. At least from what Ive seen they all are the same. Of course Im sure Im wrong.

Yes, he works for DISH as a customer rep here he will have the correct answers for you. Best I can tell your CW is a sub channel of the CBS channel 12 WKRC. It does not show up in the places I see as being on DISH network let alone in HD, so you should check that closely if you are going to switch. You may need to ask the station itself but Zach should be able to get the answer.

Reactions: qcjoe
Yes, he works for DISH as a customer rep here he will have the correct answers for you. Best I can tell your CW is a sub channel of the CBS channel 12 WKRC. It does not show up in the places I see as being on DISH network let alone in HD, so you should check that closely if you are going to switch. You may need to ask the station itself but Zach should be able to get the answer.
I hope to hear from him soon. Thanks for the help

I don't show the Cincinatti DMa has a CW. I see a MyTV WSTR, and it is SDHD
This is what I saw.
47abc0d1d83a25d3caf26c8bca1f9d12.jpg

c6cb2e7edce2758522e7d889911ca039.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming what I posted. :biggrin:biggrin But we still don't know for sure because the poster threw out there that mytv is where he sees CW programming now. Someone who actually is in the DMA needs to confirm what is on that channel. The channel chart also shows no CW but it has to be confirmed that mytv is actually what is being shown.

Thanks for confirming what I posted. :biggrin:biggrin But we still don't know for sure because the poster threw out there that mytv is where he sees CW programming now. Someone who actually is in the DMA needs to confirm what is on that channel. The channel chart also shows no CW but it has to be confirmed that mytv is actually what is being shown.
Zach said I should call for new set ups and installs. I replied about the CW question so lets see if he has any info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)