Considering DISH

He just replied to me what Troch had posted. I guess that means Im out. Thanks to all the guys here that posted and tried to help.

Reactions: stardust3
He just replied to me what Troch had posted. I guess that means Im out. Thanks to all the guys here that posted and tried to help.
Do you have an antenna or live close enough to receive WKRC over the air? There is a OTA tuner fir the Hopper that will allow you to get CW from an antenna.

Reactions: qcjoe
Channel 25, WBQC was the WB affiliate, and then I think the UPN affiliate for a Cincinnati. It has never been the CW affiliate as WKRC launched CinCW (I think it is CW Cincinnati now) on 12.2 when the CW premiered in 2006. Looks like DirecTV (perhaps some cable systems) carry's WKRC 12.2 on channel 25, I suppose since WBQC 25 was previously the WB affilate and was placed there when it had carriage. WBQC today brands it's .1 channel as "WKRP in Cincinnati." If the OP is in an area where he can receive WKRC 12.2 on an antenna, he can get his CW in HD and change to Dish.

The OP claimed it was CW according to his first post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
But as I noted channel 25 is a low powered local station and NOT CW. Now if Directv is using 25 as the CW channel number, then it confuses folks :)

But as I noted channel 25 is a low powered local station and NOT CW. Now if Directv is using 25 as the CW channel number, then it confuses folks :)
I'm just wondering why the OP assumed it's CW?
I could see why Directv might, since it could just be an error, But the OP should know if it is in fact CW.

Because it looks like a Sub Channel from what you guys have posted.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering why the OP assumed it's CW?
I could see why Directv might, since it could just be an error, But the OP should know if it is in fact CW.

Because it looks like a Sub Channel from what you guys have posted.

It is a subchannel of WKRC, owned by Sinclair. Go to sbgi.net, look at the CW affiliates, you will see "CW Cincinnati" and WKRC-2 under it.

As Iceberg said, 12.2 IS the CW. The question has become, is DTV carrying that channel and calling it channel 25. In actuality channel 25 is a low power station, and not the CW. DISH does not seem to carry their CW. The OP saying the My Network channel was actually the CW threw a wrench into things....

Channel 25 is my CW. Its the only one that has been made available to me. Thats where we watch Flash,Arrow and Supernatural.

Reactions: Troch77
Channel 25 is my CW. Its the only one that has been made available to me. Thats where we watch Flash,Arrow and Supernatural.
And that is where your cable operator or DirecTV puts WKRC-DT 12.2. If you had a TV antenna and scanned in the channels on your TV, you would find CW on 12.2 and you would find retroTV on 25.1.
Where I live (Birmingham TV market) ABC is branded as ABC 33/40, it is actually WBMA-LD 58.1, a low power station, it is broadcast on three full power translators as a .2, 17.2, 40.2, and 68.2. On most all cable systems it is on channel 12, on Dish it is on channel 40, and on DirecTv it is on channel 67. But, it is actually on none of those channels on broadcast TV.

Okay, but the point is Dish doesn't carry the channel and Directv does.

Who cares if the channel number is 25, I don't see CW on dish at all.

Cable never marks the actual channel to the channel number.
Clearly his Number 25 is CW, whether it's 12.2 or 56.1 it doesn't matter Dish doesn't carry it.

So you would need OTA.
Not sure why this thread has to be so technical.

Reactions: qcjoe

I suppose it is academic at this point, but I thought I recalled the OP stating that he couldn't get channel 25 OTA since it is LP, and I was trying to explain and convince him that he could get CW in HD off of a TV antenna if he could pick up channel 12.

Who cares if the channel number is 25, I don't see CW on dish at all.
if you are someone who signs up for Directv THINKING low powered 25 is on DIrectv only to find out it isn't...thats who

Cable never marks the actual channel to the channel number.
really? I guess the cable companies around here must be crazy because the Minneapolis locals (2,4,5,9,11) have been on 2,4,5,9,and 11 for 30+ years now

Clearly his Number 25 is CW, whether it's 12.2 or 56.1 it doesn't matter Dish doesn't carry it.
obviously it does...after all the OP wanted CW as part of his locals :)

to maybe answer his question??????

His question was simple, Is his local CW on Dishnetwork in HD.
The answer is No.
It's not even in SD.

And it is not uncommon for cable companies to not place the channel number according to its actual station number.
It's more uncommon when they do, and that is usually in and around big citys.
9a63544e860ec83045fc5283d5520438.jpg
2da2b235be2883cc715adbc03e86f3ee.jpg

which you just proved my point with your pictures. Most VHF stations were placed on their actual channel number. UHF were placed between 2-23 in most cases as that was lifeline cable area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts