Considering DishNetwork

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have had dish for about the same amount of time. I get better reception on my 35" TV then on my sons 19" TV. What would you consider a hint of compression? I am just not very technical. Do you turn off your receiver at night? I simply turn off my TV. I have been wondering if my leaving it on would put some stress on the unit
TIA

Sky King49 said:
I have had dish for about the same amount of time. I get better reception on my 35" TV then on my sons 19" TV. What would you consider a hint of compression? I am just not very technical. Do you turn off your receiver at night? I simply turn off my TV. I have been wondering if my leaving it on would put some stress on the unit
TIA
From what I have heard, Dish recommends that you turn off a PVR/DVR to extend the life of the hard drive but all other receivers can be left on if desired.
I personally turn off all receivers when not in use. They have to be off, BTW, to download new software.

Thanks for the reply. Should my 19in. tv have as good a picture as my main tv?
My son's tv is controlled via the UHF. I have the 522 receiver. His picture is nowhere
close to being as good as it is on my main tv.

Sky King49 said:
My 36in tv looks great..its my son's 19in. that does not have a great picture.
My guess is that it depends on the TV. You didn't say what kind, brand, HD or SD, etc. so only a guess.
I have three TVs and my largest is a 32in Toshiba HD(tube)TV and has an excellant picture with either HD or SD input from my various Dish receivers. The second TV is a Panasonic 27in SD and has an OK picture. The third TV is a Panasonic 19in SD and it has a lousy picture and worse, has lousy sound.
In my limited experience it seems that a HDTV makes SD imput look a LOT better.

The main reason that I switched was the price. I had cable and paid $50 a month for BASIC service. I had 60 channels with no DVR, no program guide, no digital reception. I now pay $46 a month which is not much of a savings, BUT I now get DVR, a nice program guide, digital reception, and 120 channels! If I wanted to get the same 60 channels I did with cable, I would have saved even MORE money......about $15 a month. What it comes down to is that you get more for less. Just do it, and you will be glad to rid yourself from the cable industry who raises their rates way too frequently, and does not offer the same services for your money. You will save money, and help make a statement at the same time! I hope this helps you in YOUR decision....I know I am glad to have made the choice dumping the cable thieves and getting more for my money. You will thank yourself.....trust me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)