Considering DN for the HD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
What is the absolute minimum cost setup to get into the DishNetwork HD scene? From the site I figure that you will need to subscribe to the 60 Pack $26.99, the HD Package $10, and then the Voom Package $5 for a monthly fee of $41.99. Now, the 942 unit, is there a monthly charge for it, I am not interested in purchasing equipment. As far as antennas go, I have my old DN and Voom dishes still installed, is that enough? Can I do a self-install and get some kind of credit back?

The link below shows a breakdown of all "HD only" options with Dish Network. However, you say you're not interested in purchasing equipment, which means you'll have to have the AT60 or higher. Your pricing above is correct, as far as I know. I'm not sure on the 942 pricing, but I think there is at least an upfront $250 "right to lease" fee...

Anyways, for strictly "HD only" (thus no lease plans) pricing, see here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66874

The minimum package you can get is by subscribing to just the Dish HD pack which is $10 per month. Plus there is an additional $5 programming fee. If you want to add Voom then that is another $5 a month. But there are two catches. You have to buy your own equipment. And, you may have to pay for a 61.5 dish for Voom for $100. So, this can be pretty expensive especially considering that your equipment will be obsolete in a year or two do to conversion to MPEG4.

Its probably more economical to go ahead and lease the 942 for $250 and ask them to get your antenna set up as well for HD locals (may be $99 extra). You may need a power supply for your antenna (if it is a Sensar II which I had). I have an extra one that I haven't used yet. Hopefully you will qualify for an extra dish at 61.5 for some of your programming so you wouldn't have to pay extra for that to get Voom. Then you can get the minimum programming package at $31 per month plus HD ($10) plus a DVR fee ($5) plus Voom ($5). That is probably the most economical way to get primarily HD.

Hope this is helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)