Considering move from Dish to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
My contract is up with Dish in May and I am considering moving to Directv. The main issue has been picture quality and the Dish equipment freezing and the sound going out and having to get the boxes replaced frequently.

Cost is pretty similar for the packages I want for year 2.

I currently have the Hopper and 3 Joey's. What HD DVR would I get with Directv? It looks like HR44 is the most recent.

Also, is the Genie Go the only was to watch recorded programs remotely?

Thanks

I currently have the Hopper and 3 Joey's. What HD DVR would I get with Directv? It looks like HR44 is the most recent.

Thanks

If I were you and had some cash....I would buy a stand alone Slingbox.....Very nice and helpful......And will work if some day you went to cable or someone else.....If you have a location in your house that you hardly use...Sling is a great solution....I switched at the beginning of the year...Dish has better guide but I moved for sports....

My contract is up with Dish in May and I am considering moving to Directv. The main issue has been picture quality and the Dish equipment freezing and the sound going out and having to get the boxes replaced frequently.

Cost is pretty similar for the packages I want for year 2.

Thanks
Would get an HR44 most likely, will record 5 things at once, while a lot of programs you can watch in the directv app live if you want recorded content then yes you will need a genie go.

Would probably get a HR44 and 3 clients.

Also if you do get Directv and you need a referral I will give you one. You will get an additional $100 off your bill for being referred($10 off for 10 months). If you need one or would like one just call their referral number which is 1-855-273-2857 and just mention my account number (pm for account number)

Again this is only if you need one.:)
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
i would recomend an hr44 an no clients
for other tv's either get hr24's if you have to have a dvr there or h24/h25s for receivers
lack of tuners in a client are a deal breaker imho
note a receiver/dvr can view recordings from a hr44(genie)
you can also hit record on the reciever to record on the genie

The only downside of getting HR24s or other dvrs as a new customer is the added cost. The clients are free, dvrs are $200 each.

yeah, i always forget about that

although they do cost the same per month

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)