Considering switchover to Dish

No need to have both Hoppers connected to Ethernet. The Joeys don't need Ethernet connectivity either if they are on MoCA. Just connect 1 Hopper to Ethernet and enable bridging. It will then share the Internet connection with all the receivers on the MoVA network. 3 Hoppers and 2 Joeys here connected in that fashion. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

This still causes problems for me, if set up this way my Hoppers and my network become unstable.

So that makes this a little challenging. It sounds like the only way I can manage both Hoppers is to do it from a Joey, or from each Hopper individually. Now I need to give some serious thought as to where I locate my Joey's versus my Hoppers. Originally I thought I'd locate a Hopper in my living room as that is where we watch most tv. Now I'm wondering if I should instead put a Joey there so that I can manage both Hoppers from my living room. How is everyone else doing this ??

This is the setup I went with. I put a Joey in the Family Room where most of our TV watching happens. You do lose PIP but I don't use that feature anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)