Considering the switch to DishNetwork

IA_Chiefs_fan

Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I currently have an HD DVR through D*recTV but received a mailing regarding Dish Network offering HD 1080P. Is it really 1080P? I am skeptical but will switch if the picture quality would really be that much better than the 720P & 1080i I get now.

Don't switch to E* based on PQ. No matter what resolution E* "claims" it is not as good as HD on D*. This I guarantee. The more I watch both, the more obvious the bit starved HD feed of Dish shows its ugly head.

switch to E if you're interested in better premiums and better DVR. stay with D if your fine with a good DVR and lots of sports packages. pq is pretty much the same for most.

Don't switch to E* based on PQ. No matter what resolution E* "claims" it is not as good as HD on D*. This I guarantee. The more I watch both, the more obvious the bit starved HD feed of Dish shows its ugly head.
Look at Cables HD PQ once. :) Thats Bit Starved. To say the Very least. E* PQ much better then any cable Company I've seen Yet.

Yup. Cable is mediocre at best. Dish is one step above. All I watch is HD and I am very particular about quality. D* wins hands down. ( I haven't seen FIOS)

Two words: DO IT!!!!!

Or you can wait for the 922 to come out and enjoy the duo enhanced sling loaded yata... yata... dude, it's a dvr and an awesome one at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts