Constant Crackling sound on TCM-HD channel 132

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
It has been two weeks already and there is a constant crackling or clicking sound on TCM-HD Channel 132 audio. The video is okay.

Has anyone else noticed it? It happens for everyone. Why hasn't Dish Network fixed it?

Why do you say it happens for everyone? Tried for about 15 minutes sounds fine. (EA) (Iron Mistress)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It has been two weeks already and there is a constant crackling or clicking sound on TCM-HD Channel 132 audio. The video is okay.

Has anyone else noticed it? It happens for everyone. Why hasn't Dish Network fixed it?

It's not just you, and it's not just Dish. I have TWC and made two recordings yesterday, one of "Gay Purr-ee" and one of "The Falcon and the Co-eds" and the audio has little pop and crackle sounds all through both of them. I'm guessing it was either a TCM issue or maybe an issue causing problems with the signal as sent to the service providers, maybe sun spots.

Today at 1:15PM I did hear popping during the movie "Manpower" as I surfed through channels. I called where I work and on Charter there also was the popping, so it does appear to be something coming from TCM-HD, not directly a Dish problem. My wife was watching TCM last night and I did not hear the popping.

Constant Crackling sound on TCM-HD channel 132

I have noticed this too. Mostly on movies from the 30's. Sound equipment back then was not real good.

About the same time I made my post, I called up Dish and they fixed the issue. The CSR could also hear the noise at their end, but it has now been fixed for a couple of weeks. I am not talking about the background noise from old movies.

I waited two weeks for someone to call it in, I finally did and it has been repaired.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)