Constant Dolby Digital Sound Drop?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Do you experience a constant Dolby Digital sound drop? To me it is more severe on the HDnews channel. Is it just me? Today has been the worse...

Haven't noticed drops, but my new box is less stable (but alive) compared to old box.

I've noticed it on HDNews all day. Extreme volume change a couple of times. Haven't noticed it on the other channels.

Geno

yup.. every 10 seconds for me, digital in and out. sometimes on other channels, really bad on hdnews

i switched to analog out. No dropouts at all using RCA connections.

Did you do anything with settings for audio. I know I have no compression set. Not a likely culprit, but just fishing.

rudolpht said:
Did you do anything with settings for audio. I know I have no compression set. Not a likely culprit, but just fishing.

No. Here are the settings right now...

Dolby Digital
Surround
No Compression

I am watching Cinema 3 and there's no sound drop but if I turn to HDNews the sound drop is there.

Do i need to change audio compression settings?

I have it set to, "no compression"

No leave it as it is. I contacted Wilt with this problem last night. He said:

So far the Dolby 5.1 encoder seems to be the culprit on this Newsbyte issue. Still going at it though. Wilt

He's working on it.

I checked this morning HDNews and the sound drop had improved but I only watched for about 5 minutes to determine that it is gone... If anyone can comment on it, please post.

Well, I checked last night and this morning. The sound drop is still there but not as constant as before but it is still there.

This sound drops is getting to be very annoying. It is the same on Cinemax-HD 222 while watching the client. Plus I am getting momentary picture drops.

You know what's funny. While watching the LIVE soccer game, not even one drop of sound except for 6 momentary lapses. While watching the client on cinemax-hd 222, I get a drop every 15 to 30 seconds. HDNews is the worse. There is always sound drop. This only happens in the digital sound.

i lost it 3 times during Platoon and 2 total pixelization (a small area of screen)moments in the 2 hours..8-10 pm

I got this email from Wilt regarding this problem. It should disappear after new software.

Some of it may be also related to a fix that's coming in the new code drop as well--this is the quick, random pop of video and corresponding drop of digital audio.
Wilt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)