Constant scrolling and other problems

dkstuff

Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi. New to this forum.

I had Dish installed 1 week ago. Lots of problems but a tech guy was out yesterday (did NOT fix my picture quality problem) and ever since my program guide just scrolls and scrolls (upward). The only solution per telephone tech support is to unplug the receiver, wait 15 seconds and plug back in. Yes, that stops the scrolling but generally for just the 1st time I hit program Guide. If I go back to the guide again it starts scrolling upward at fast speed. I cannot select a channel other than hitting cancel to go back to the last channel on. It does the same thing when I select Menu or DVR....just won't stop scrolling. One might think it is the button stuck on "up" on the remote but it starts scrolling up as soon as "Guide" or DVR is selected. I tried taking the batteries out of the remote and hitting all buttons per tech support but still no use.

Service is coming again tomorrow for picture quality problems and I called to add this to the service call but I've taken too many days off for this and so I told them I sure hope they will bring a receiver with them in the event it is bad. They weren't sure about that. I'm so frustrated because in a week I haven't really been able to watch much and what I have had been really bad quality. Since yesterday I've had to unplug to stop scrolling about 16 times. Anything scheduled to record was interupted.

Anyone ever had this problem? If they bring a new DVR do they have a way to transfer programs recorded from the old one to the new one? I have a few things recorded but one is important and I don't have a DVD recorder at them moment.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Might try resetting the factory defaults, menu>6>6
follow the prompts
run a check switch to get a new program guide and hopefully new software

if you have neighbors that are near you with Dish make sure that you change the remote address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)