Contact Needed for Direct local picture quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Dish had an email to contact their tech's about picture quality. Does Direct? My local picture quality on a couple of channels is downright awlful. I did have good luck working with Dish to resolve the issues on Fox.

Anyone? BTW, these are not HD locals. I have 2 HR21's and the picture quality on Fox and the CW are much better than Dish had but ABC and NBC are horrific!

Thanks for any guidance.

Mine are unwatchable as well. Web video looks better than the local channels! I bought OTA antenna to get HD locals, but it doesn't change the fact that the channels should look better.

Mine are unwatchable as well. Web video looks better than the local channels! I bought OTA antenna to get HD locals, but it doesn't change the fact that the channels should look better.

Yes, using the antenna was a much better option for me (at least on the channels I could get) but the HR21 doesn't have the ota tuner anymore so lost them. Hopefully the new AM21 will help with that and they will get better but I think it's ridiculous that a Satelite can't pull in a better picture than an outdoor antenna!

Dish had an email to contact their tech's about picture quality. Does Direct? My local picture quality on a couple of channels is downright awlful. I did have good luck working with Dish to resolve the issues on Fox.

Anyone? BTW, these are not HD locals. I have 2 HR21's and the picture quality on Fox and the CW are much better than Dish had but ABC and NBC are horrific!

Thanks for any guidance.
It may help to mention where you live to see if others in your areas or others receiving your particular locals have the same issue. (I am assuming you live in FL based on your user name???)

I am located in the LA market and we get 8 HD locals through Direct (ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, My Network, and 2 independents) and the PQ of these networks is very good.

When I had issues with our local NBC picture quality, I contacted the channels engineering director. He was very helpful. After some troubleshooting, he finally got D* to reset/reboot the encoder they were using for that channel's signal. It's been fine ever since.

It may help to mention where you live to see if others in your areas or others receiving your particular locals have the same issue. (I am assuming you live in FL based on your user name???)

I am located in the LA market and we get 8 HD locals through Direct (ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, My Network, and 2 independents) and the PQ of these networks is very good.

I live in the Tallahassee, FL market....in other words....the boondocks :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)