Contacting DIRT

Have you considered making that line your signature? It might save you the trouble of typing it every time somebody asks about upgrading equipment. ;)

I block signatures so I don't think that would be useful, but thanks anyway.

I've had dish (2 hoppers 1 joey) for about 5 and a half years. At that time I read about how people "move" to get locals they want. We have been out of contract for a few years. We keep dish even though it's the much more expensive tv option because my husband has to have Chicago locals for bears games. We live a few hours away from Chicago and have Chicago set up as locals. The problem is I'm really hating our hoppers since the new software update. It's horribly slow with bugs on my old equipment. Is there anyone who can help me keep Chicago locals, upgrade equipment and have it sent to where we really live (Indiana) and maybe get in contract again if it's benifical?
The way it has been done in the past is to change your service address back to your actual location, get Dish to upgrade your receiver(s), then change your service address back to the one you are using now to get Chicago locals. If Dish questions it, just tell them you have two homes and move back and forth from time to time.

I'm not DIRT, but I'm confident the answer is, "it depends". Different customers pay different amounts based on criteria only Dish knows.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

We have been experiencing a problem with our VIP722 DVR that I believe is some sort of error in the Dish operational programming created recently.

When we select a channel by accident that we are not subscribed to in the guide, a menu pops up asking us to change our programming subscription. The other option I selected is "0 Exit" This kills all my video output except the graphics menu allowing me to access check switch, signal, etc. The first time this happened I thought my dish system was at fault but verified all signals were strong and switch OK.

The only way to get channels back was to reboot the DVR by holding the power button down until reboot. After requiring satellite signal, is done the channels video returns and all is normal. This VIP 722 program guide got set to "All Channels" so I reset it to "My Channels" to prevent this problem in the future. But I don't understand why clicking on a non subscribed channel in the program guide ends up disabling your DVR until a lengthy reboot is executed.

Before, I recall, you just got a message that you are not subscribed to that channel and a phone number to call to add it. Something in your DVR software is not programmed now.

Don,this thread is about HOW to contact them. Not a shining of the Bat Signal. Cut and paste the above and send a PM to one when you see is on Duty.

Don,this thread is about HOW to contact them. Not a shining of the Bat Signal. Cut and paste the above and send a PM to one when you see is on Duty.

Oh! my mistake. I saw 10 pages and thought it was a way to let them know what problems were surfacing. Thanks your simple protocol is easy enough.

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to make that more clear, so we will stop getting those kinds of posts in this thread. "How to contact DIRT" sounds good to me. :thumbup

Reactions: KAB
Doesn't look many have been signing on the last couple of days or I'm just looking at the wrong times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
She's not listed as part of DIRT, but "Dish Network Family" or something like that.
"SatelliteGuys Family"

My point is that she is still included in the most recent schedule posted in this thread, so the schedule (which is what this thread was supposed to be about) is obviously out-of-date.

Just noticed tonight I lost my $5.00 Autopay discount. Noticed in the email bill. Current bill was $5.00 more. WTF.

I thought I locked in for 2 years. :(

Locked into AT 250 in January w/autopay with discount. The 2 year deal. Fixed price for two years I thought.

AT 250 , VIP722, VIP612, 2 TV's.

Was paying; Total $97.13 with 2 year discount / auto pay discount.

Just got email notice of bill for $5.00 more for $112.63. :confused:

Did they eliminate my 2 year contract?

Can they do that?

Logged into my account. No more auto pay discount.

Hopefully just a glitch. If not I may cancel after 20 years ? ? ?

Rarely watch all the channels. One to two hours a night. Mostly news.

I'll pay if under a hundred. Once it goes over that, no way.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Bear

ETA; Will contact DIRT soon.

Locked into AT 250 in January w/autopay with discount. The 2 year deal. Fixed price for two years I thought.

AT 250 , VIP722, VIP612, 2 TV's.

Was paying; Total $97.13 with 2 year discount / auto pay discount.

Just got email notice of bill for $5.00 more for $112.63. :confused:
That total is $15.50 more than what you were paying before. It looks like they eliminated the $5 autopay discount and the $10 per month discount on the base package price. The other $0.50 may be due to increased sales tax since you are getting fewer credits.

Did they eliminate my 2 year contract?

Can they do that?

Logged into my account. No more auto pay discount.
When you log into your account, do you still see the contract under "My Renewal Offer"? If not, I could send you a copy of my contract (which should contain the same terms and conditions as yours) if you need it.

Sounds like your bonus 12 month discount expired, contact Dish and get it renewed.

Has nothing to do with you being locked into a 2 year fixed price, the price is still the same, discount expired.

Follow up;

Recap; My bill increased even though locked into 2 year agreement.

I did not do anything. I noticed the anomaly in email bill.

I did not call dish, nor contact DIRT.

Yet, I received this email tonight.

DISH

"We recognize that your eAutoPay savings were not printed on your recent ebill.

We have added this $5 credit to your account, and it will be deducted from the amount charged in your upcoming automatic payment. For the remainder of your Renewal offer, your eAutoPay savings will be reflected on your account, (for as long as you remain enrolled in ebill and AutoPay).

We'd like to apologize for the mistake on your ebill this month. At DISH, we strive to provide the best customer experience, and have ensured that your eAutoPay savings will be reflected in future bills.

Thanks for your business,

DISH"

Just thought I would share.

Still have not contacted DIRT.

Been busy.

Just trying to understand what is happening.

I''m just a deplorable trying to understand what is happening.

Obviously DISH knows something.

Please direct to the DISH statement.

As another poster pointed out, I'm being over charged more than $ 5.00.

Will try to follow up.

Bear

That total is $15.50 more than what you were paying before. It looks like they eliminated the $5 autopay discount and the $10 per month discount on the base package price. The other $0.50 may be due to increased sales tax since you are getting fewer credits.

You're right. Unbelievable.

That for pointing that out. It's all my discounts suddenly removed.

This kind of customer service I could do without. . lol.

Is this what we get with internet billing? ? ?

You rarely notice the billing anomalies.

And yet we keep taking it up the .....

Rant over again.

Bear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)