contacting Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mule401

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
I have tried to get an answer from Dish on why they don't have the NHL network in sd.The csrs give the same canned explanation.I have trie email on their website and also at ceo@echostar.com and no reply.Is there anything else that I could try? Thank you for your time and I really love this site.Keep up the good work.

Well if the first two groups you've contacted have given you a canned response, why would you expect the third to be any different?

I never understood why people think they can get confidential carriage information out of a multi-billion dollar company. When DISH wants to tell you, they will. Until then, your inquiries will go unanswered or you'll get prepared responses.

I'm not asking for insider secrets.I would like an answer to why they offer it to a select few and not the majority.Get off your high horse.

Because at this point they have decided not to carry it in SD. Maybe at some point they will, but at this point they aren't. Anything beyond that and they aren't required to share the reasons, whether you think they should or not.
Sorry, but Zero is right. They will share what they want to and what they don't they won't. To you or anyone else no matter how many times they are asked.

Ok, lets just cool down a little bit. He's not asking for much, just if anyone knew some insider info on the channel. Thats all. No reason to jump all over the guy.

Assuming the H stands for Hockey, I'm less interested in Hockey than marbles. However, if I'm not mistaken...

Unlike the Food Network which has Food and Food-HD, there is only one NHL Network. It started offering programming in the U.S.A. in Oct, and will broadcast 50 live games which will be available in High Definition.

Guess Charlie could utilize a lot more bandwidth just to send it to those who would subscribe to it as a down-res SD. I'm hoping he will do it right after he takes the HD Line-up and sells it to all of the SD customers. :)

But then there will be less incentive for people to subscribe to his MPEG-4 HD services. :D

Maybe, maybe not. Then I may be off in left field - is that football?

Not knowing what the CSR have been saying, maybe the Vice President for Programing could give you some sort of answer.

Ok, lets just cool down a little bit. He's not asking for much, just if anyone knew some insider info on the channel. Thats all. No reason to jump all over the guy.

Who's jumping. Just trying to explain to someone who sounds like they are trying to hound Dish for an answer to a question that they have answered. Calling, sending emails, and asking for more ways to get ahold of them...
Sounds like someone else needs to "cool down!" :rolleyes:

Yes lets see.I need 15 different channels of jewelery shopping,2 channels of Distant Network eligibility and 1 channel of Congratulations you have a Dish 500 Hundred System so if it takes away one of the channels that you watch so be it.

Yes lets see.I need 15 different channels of jewelery shopping,2 channels of Distant Network eligibility and 1 channel of Congratulations you have a Dish 500 Hundred System so if it takes away one of the channels that you watch so be it.
No one can argue with you on that.

This evening I was surfing through the channels; I didn't count them, but was thinking with all of the various shopping channels that Dish could have a new slogan.

Leader in Shopping Channels
Most Shopping Channels in Satellite TV (All TV :D)
Better Shopping for All

and every one of them pays to be on there and helps keep the cost of your monthly bill down.

I don't know how many times we have to repeat this but, shopping channels pay E* to carry their channels. It's a moneymaker for E*. The rest of the channels you cited use little bandwidth.

Not knowing what the CSR have been saying, maybe the Vice President for Programing could give you some sort of answer.

Hmmm. That's not an existing title but anyways....

Yes, there's a position (several actually) with the information he's looking for. One small problem though, he has a better chance to bumping into Charlie and getting it out of him. DISH execs don't deal with customers directly, and rarely get involved in such issues, least of all carriage requests (usually "special" whiny billing issue customers get some love.) That is of course provided you could even get their contact information, and I'm reasonably sure you can't. I could, but that high horse comment hurt my feelings.

And for the record, if I get off my high horse, your television goes dark. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts