Contest: Enter To Win by Telling a Story! S2 Digital Satellite Meter w/Spectrum Analyzer from Satell

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same way here in school. I lived way out in the country. Actually almost to the end of the bus route. For 2 years one of my older neighbors drove the bus.(this was back when they let high school students drive) So I had to be first on the bus and last one off in the evening I hated that part. The part I didn't hate was since he was a 16 and 17 year old bus driver we got away with about anything. He would let us sneak a boombox on the bus so we could jam to some heavy metal on the way home. Funny no one was interested in jamming on the way there..:D Too sleepy I guess.

Well, I wanted to spend some time writing this up, but the time is here! So my return to school story started when I saw a catalog for Central Bible Institute that described a campus radio station run by students. I knew that was for me, so I filled out the preliminary application and air mailed it on Sunday. On Wednesday I got a live application back, filled it out and airmailed it to the collage. I packed my bags and put them on the bus that afternoon and got on the bus for the long ride to Missouri on Thursday. On Friday, there was a card for me, at my parents home, telling me CBI had my application, but not to make plans to come until I heard I had been accepted. Instead, however, I got to the campus on Sunday afternoon. Fortunately, the Dean of Men had a key to the registrars office and was able to find out that I had been accepted.
After getting my footlockers into my new room, I went out to see the campus. I asked the first person I met if he knew anything about the campus radio station. He said he did but it would not be on the air that year, because the equipment had blown up. I asked if I could look at it someway and he said yes as he was the station manager. I grabbed one footlocker and followed him over to the station. By the time he had the windows open to let the smoke out, I had the power supply disassembled and a half hour later had the station working, and an hour later had all the tubes replaced with new tubes I had brought along.
Paul Crouch, founder of TBN talks about the campus radio station he started. I rebuilt it about 10 years after he started it and we got it on the air 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the 2 years I was there. I did not get paid for my work, but I sure needed the four 5 semester hour "A's" I got for the work I did.

My mom used to make my clothes for me. I remember going to third grade with pins poking me in the side because my mom hadn't finished sewing.

Now give me the meter for having to relive that experience! :)

hopefully SatAv remembers and they need to pick a winner

A random drawing of one winner will be made by a member of our staff on September 20th, 2011.

;)

Congratulations to chadg2 on winning the SatLink S2 Meter! Please reply to our PM within 10 days to claim your prize.

Thank you to everyone who told a great story and entered the drawing! I had some great laughs!

Congrats to chadg2 on the win. Thanks SatelliteAV for giving out the free stuff!

I realize that the contest is closed, but I figured that I'd post a story anyways.

Back in the early 80's while going to public school, a bunch of my friends and myself use to bug the janitor about his smoking habit. We used to take his cigarette package and toss it back and forth between each other. It was all in good fun... One day the janitor asked us if we could help him one afternoon to move some of the sporting equipment down to the basement storage area. We said "sure" and dug in to help out. We came back upstairs and found him standing there with the fire hose.. He turned it on us and soaked us down. Back in those days, it was really quite funny. If a janitor did the same thing these days, he likely would have ended up getting fired. We thought it was funny, and got to go home early that day, because we were soaked. Yippee! Our teacher was in on it too - he was aware of what was going to happen.. We deserved it.

Thanks Brian @ SatelliteAV for having the contest and thanks to everyone at this forum for answering my questions when I have issues with my new favorite little hobby FTA! This meter will NOT sit on the shelf, I can't wait to start using it. Thank you all, Chad

Congrats chadg2!!! Please share some success stories with the new meter in the forums!

Thanks SatelliteAV for the giveaways and for the help you offer in the forums!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts