Contest - Tell Us Your SatelliteGuys Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a great learning site for me. I've learned so much about installation and Dish technical info.

I also won the Wii U at the Xmas Party last year!:D

Satellite Guys has been a great resource for me. From finding about all the 'deals' that come along now and then, to reviews and previews of equipment, it is a definite first place to go for sat TV info.

Add in the DIRT team for Dish support and it becomes a great benefit when you don't want to play CSR roulette!

Hadn't realized Satellite Guys had been around this long, glad it is!! :)
?

I would personally like to thank satelliteguys for being there through some great times and not so great times with Dish. They had the news first and always seemed to be right. There is so much info reguarding technical support, personal support, and even wishing people happy birthdays when it is your birthday. The site also has a lot more then just satellite info, they have OTA, Radio, Computing, Phone, and many others so it is way more then just satellite. I consider myself to be somewhat technical, but I always look to this site when I need awnsers to a lot of my questions. From this site I have gotten to get to know a few people on-line, and also have been allowed some very nice opurtunities. Plus everything Scott and Eva do for this site is awsome. Plus they have a great group of guys to help moderate and keep the site functioning. This is the one site I make sure I check as often as I can. Thanks for being there Scott, Eva and the whole crew. I appreciate all you do.

I think I was banned from posting momentarily by my first comment ... Apparently my praise of a product made me sound "spammy" for a first-time poster. If I remember correctly, I emailed Scott who turned me back on after I told him I wasn't a spammer.

I'm not sure if I saved any "cash" over the years.. but I've had some real good conversations with some of the members over the years and learned a lot about the ins and outs of "this thing of ours" :)

Through Sat Guys I have "met" a lot of wonderful people. The general attitude on here is amazing. :). I've learned lots of great little tidbits of information. I started because of the info but stayed because of the people. :)
Thank you Scott for the site, and thank everyone else for the help.

I discovered SatelliteGuys back in late 2007 when the wife wanted info on SkyAngel and discovered the wonderful world of FTA. I've gotten lots of great advice for FTA, Dish, SkyAngel as well as OTA.

I'm sure i've saved lots of money from tips posted here by Scott and everyone but i think the best thing that i have saved is TIME! By finding info out from others to getting a problem solved quickly and effortlessly with the help of DIRT(They are the best thing ever!)!
?

I was looking for some satellite info and found the "other" site, and a short time later found satelliteguys, the absolute best forum on the net. I've learned a ton of tech info here, such as how to configure 5 satellites on my system, learning of news before it becomes actual news, the uplink reports, product reviews, DIRT, the members here, especially the pub dwellers. Thanks, Scott for providing such a well run refuge to hang my hat! :)

I found SatelliteGuys while looking for information about the dawn of the Big Ten Network, hoping it would be coming to DISH.

Since then, I've found a community of lively, caring people that do more than just talk to each other. They do things for their friends.

Things I've learned here have saved my money and frustration and have made my satellite experience much more enjoyable. So much so that I'd say being a Pub Member is something that pays me back!

Thanks Scott, Eva, and the entire staff!

Jim

Wow! I just saw this thread...so what has SatelliteGuys done for me? To be honest, all the items already mentioned about it being the leading source of friendly and reliable satellite information is true. However, it is so much more. It is THE place to talk AL Central Sports with the the guys; relax and talk about my favorite TV shows or seek recommendations about upcoming movies; or have a seat in The Pub just to get a few things off my chest, exchange pleasantries and perhaps tell a joke. Sure, there is no doubt the DIRT and Satellite Forums save members both time and money, but it's the people who keep me coming back day-in and day-out. Besides...name one another forum that has our Bob? :rolleyes:

I stumbled across the fledgling SatelliteGuys.us domain while searching for information about the new VOOM TV service, Over the years I've had Voom, Dish, FTA and StarChoice...but only one satellite information source! Although I have been with Cable the past five years, I'm still a proud Pub Member who contributes daily. :)

This is definite a great site. If have questions about anything, am sure to find it here. I was one of the first 100 members that signed up ten years ago. I have never looked back. I have tried to help as much as possible and to stay active. Scott & Eva deserve lots of thank you for keeping everything afloat. It is not an easy task especially when one have to maintain their regular jobs besides this one. You really have to have lots of dedication to do this and both of them do. Happy birrhday to the site.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

SatGuys has provided me with technical advice on everything from my Dish setup to iPhone/android/computer setups to engaging (and not so engaging) conversations on the latest programs; it has been a place to celebrate achievements with friends, and even to mourn collectively when bad things happen. It is a community; it is where I have met people I consider true friends.

It is not just about the tech support and expertise; SatelliteGuys is a home on the internet. Here is to the next ten years!

it was 2005 when i was searching to see if dish had any new channels coming outand stumbled on satguys. i like that its dish and much more, dtv , internet, fta, off-air, DIRT...etc and of course in i want to see if that one whiny dude will EVER get his fearnet.:)

Satelliteguys is like Cheers.... You can go in have a drink with good friends and know your apart of the family! Satelliteguys is family. I loved meeting other members at meetups like CES and as well as helping Scott behind the scenes. Tons of help as well as helping tons of people in the process. Scott has given everyone here a home that they can express them selfs. Like family, people have their disagreements and sometimes discussions become heated, but Scott has always welcomed everyone back, unless you truly are a douche. I would like to thank Scott and Eva for giving everyone a home and putting up with the arguments, and sometimes disappointments. This site is not a disappointment, what it is, is a place that you can come to, express your opinions, insight and talk about anything satellite related, or even what's on your mind. It's a place to relax and have fun!

Thank you Scott, Eva, and staff for the past 10! :)

I have won several prizes over the years and my rock band is still being used today. Thanks again for everything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was delighted to find Satelliteguys six and a half years ago, freeing me from the clutches of those other guys.

Through Satelliteguys, I was able to determine what equipment was best for me, and to learn all the features, shortcuts, etc. that I'd never know about otherwise. And a big shout out to DIRT, and to Satelliteguys for allowing them to be here.

Did I say Satelliteguys enough? Oh, never mind, you said you were selecting winners at random. :)

Satellite Guys is the first place I go to every morning just to see what's new.It has provided me with ways to get free promotions and to tell me what channels I will have to be without. Truly a great site.

It's hard to single out any one factor about SatelliteGuys that makes it my go-to site on the Internet.

If news breaks, someone posts it here and the comments afterwards makes sense and is well-reasoned, unlike the drivel that pollutes other so-called news sites.

SatelliteGuys has saved me plenty of money over the years through other users' experiences and advice. I was also fortunate a few years back to have won the Dish ViP 722K during the SatelliteGuys Christmas Party. It came at the perfect time, too, as I wanted to Sling and my ViP 622 wasn't supported.

I remember the excitement of waiting for any announcement of new HD channels and when VOOM moved to Dish, SatelliteGuys knew about it before anyone else.

Equally exciting was the External Hard Disk support being added to the ViP receivers, especially the 211. I remember posting some of the first pictures of the new menus and screens for enabling EHD support. I also geeked out when it was possible to use Linux to move recorded shows from one hard drive to another as a way to buy a bigger drive and not need to go through a reboot to watch older programs.

But the best SatelliteGuys experience was in 2006 when Scott partnered with some of the companies participating at CEDIA in Denver, arranging a meet and greet with DishNetwork personnel and SatelliteGuys members. That was a great evening, putting a face to many of the people that I had only known by their posts. I met newbie RockyMtnHigh (I know, hard to believe now!) before in some restaurant that was barely open. There was a darkened room full of HD goodies. Even though poker is a game that eludes me, it was the perfect way to end the evening.

It's hard to single out any one factor about SatelliteGuys that makes it my go-to site on the Internet.

But the best SatelliteGuys experience was in 2006 when Scott partnered with some of the companies participating at CEDIA in Denver, arranging a meet and greet with DishNetwork personnel and SatelliteGuys members. That was a great evening, putting a face to many of the people that I had only known by their posts. I met newbie RockyMtnHigh (I know, hard to believe now!) before in some restaurant that was barely open. There was a darkened room full of HD goodies. Even though poker is a game that eludes me, it was the perfect way to end the evening.

I was thinking about that moment today. The CEDIA reception in a seedy Ramada hotel on East Colfax! It was a great time, and it made it clear to me how real of a community this place was. That was a blast; meeting you, Scott, Ilya, Jayn_j, and several other folks.

While I had great SatelliteGuys moments at the two CES's I attended, none of it would have happened had it not been for that night! Good memories!

I found Satguys from reading articles Scott had written for multichannel news. Since then, I have learned so much, It has helped me learn so much about this industry, and it has saved me money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)