Contract break fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I am not sure if there is a standard or not, but thought I would ask here before spending time on the phone with Dish people. If I sign a new 24 month contract with Dish this month, but want to get out and leave dish in June, what should I expect for a cancellation fee? I want a new HD DVR for my basement tv, but am leaving dish in June. I am curious if its cheaper to spend $250 buying the new receiver or to just get it free with a 2 year committment and then breaking that contract in June.

TIA.

$17.50 a month for the remaining months on contract. I'm looking at a dha (2yr commitment) now.

How long will you be away from a market? Placing the account on hold is an option...

Looks like it's cheaper to buy the box myself. Will I be able to resell the box after I leave Dish this summer?

Or maybe don't do anything till you go with your next provider in another four or five months...?

$17.50 a month for the remaining months on contract. I'm looking at a dha (2yr commitment) now.
How long will you be away from a market? Placing the account on hold is an option...

Matt with DISH here. Just to clear things up, the initial commitment cancellation fee is $17.50/month remaining on a commitment. However, a Dish'n it up (receiver upgrade) commitment is a $10/month cancellation fee (although the dha paperwork says $17.50/month remaining).

Matt with DISH here. Just to clear things up, the initial commitment cancellation fee is $17.50/month remaining on a commitment. However, a Dish'n it up (receiver upgrade) commitment is a $10/month cancellation fee (although the dha paperwork says $17.50/month remaining).
The DIU contract also has a lower maximum fee as well correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)