Contract break fee

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I am not sure if there is a standard or not, but thought I would ask here before spending time on the phone with Dish people. If I sign a new 24 month contract with Dish this month, but want to get out and leave dish in June, what should I expect for a cancellation fee? I want a new HD DVR for my basement tv, but am leaving dish in June. I am curious if its cheaper to spend $250 buying the new receiver or to just get it free with a 2 year committment and then breaking that contract in June.

TIA.

$17.50 a month for the remaining months on contract. I'm looking at a dha (2yr commitment) now.

How long will you be away from a market? Placing the account on hold is an option...

Looks like it's cheaper to buy the box myself. Will I be able to resell the box after I leave Dish this summer?

Or maybe don't do anything till you go with your next provider in another four or five months...?

$17.50 a month for the remaining months on contract. I'm looking at a dha (2yr commitment) now.
How long will you be away from a market? Placing the account on hold is an option...

Matt with DISH here. Just to clear things up, the initial commitment cancellation fee is $17.50/month remaining on a commitment. However, a Dish'n it up (receiver upgrade) commitment is a $10/month cancellation fee (although the dha paperwork says $17.50/month remaining).

Matt with DISH here. Just to clear things up, the initial commitment cancellation fee is $17.50/month remaining on a commitment. However, a Dish'n it up (receiver upgrade) commitment is a $10/month cancellation fee (although the dha paperwork says $17.50/month remaining).
The DIU contract also has a lower maximum fee as well correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts