Contract ended. Reasons to stay with E*

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
my 18 month contract is up and i got all the promos applied. Now, the bill will be going up with no mo promo's. Should I stay or jump to D*?

my 18 month contract is up and i got all the promos applied. Now, the bill will be going up with no mo promo's. Should I stay or jump to D*?
Go do your homework and come to your own decision. Only you know your tastes in viewing, budget, etc.

IF I could just get Directv hd programming and use my Dishnetwork dvrs I would be in heaven. I wonder if we would of had this if the merger had gone through back in 2002?

If you don't have any interest in NFL Ticket or MLB Extra Innings there is really no reason to go to D*.

If you must have people tell you if you should leave or not then i dont think you have dont your own homework on what the pros and cons of each company. i think that is what you should do first before deciding to switch.

Direct tv doesnt have like a money back guarantee in case you dont like it? or maybe no contract? With dish only benefit of the contract is the DHPP free for 18 months and the 49.99 back.. I dont know why customers bother with contracts.. i mean it takes a slow learner to know you can remove dhpp and add it whenever u want :p lol

What do you hate about dish? we all know prices arent going down anytime soon for any of both companies..

My advice: Fork up the $50 upfront that way you're not stuck. :)

Me? I'm sticking with them for now, why not? I like the portability now that I can actually really take advantage of it! LOL. Watching tv at our vegas house over the break was AWESOME.

As soon as the next E* sat goes up, the programming will be the same. Hopefully E will show all the HD in full resolution and bit rate. Equipment by far is better.

From the orig poster

I guess the reason I ask is, I have a 622 and 625 dvr.
I'd "like" to have two 622's so to have hd on both sets.
If dish would swap the 625 for another 622, I'd have no problems.
Any chance? Anyone know a good contact to contact at dish on this?

I once had an email of a high up tech or cs guy, but lost it.

As far as HD, I'm an old original voomer from when voom furst started.
I still put voom channels #1. Never tired of them.

Easy choice! DirecTV has left Dish and the cables in the dust when it comes to HD channels! If you have layed out your hard-earned cash for your HD equipment, then you want the most HD bang for your buck! DirecTV!!!!!

Does the directv hd dvr record off digital ota?
The dish 622 does. Like having three hd tuners w/record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)