Contract ends 7.17

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
When's the best time to start negotiating so to speak with DIRT?

As of now I'm of the belief that D-day would come 7.18 but would like a second opinion.

I'm on the 2 yr price lock with the Top 120+ and Heartland discounted to $3. That's pretty much bottom for me. Can't go Flex cause it loses ESPNEWS/U.

Ideally, what should I expect?

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Call to cancel on the above date when you contract ends and they will connect you with the Loyalty dept. Then you can tell them your concerns and what you would like to see. For example you want freebies on Premium channels and you want some money off to compensate for their outrageous monthly FEES for how ever many months. Be nice , firm and be ready to tell them you are looking to cut the cord and or go to Directv. They will offer you something to your liking.

Call to cancel on the above date when you contract ends and they will connect you with the Loyalty dept. Then you can tell them your concerns and what you would like to see. For example you want freebies on Premium channels and you want some money off to compensate for their outrageous monthly FEES for how ever many months. Be nice , firm and be ready to tell them you are looking to cut the cord and or go to Directv. They will offer you something to your liking.
There is no need to threaten to cancel. Just call the direct number for the Loyalty department. 1-888-496-1260

So call instead of contacting DIRT via FB?

So call instead of contacting DIRT via FB?

In my experience, I have had better luck calling the number I gave above, rather than contacting DIRT. If you can get a DIRT member to give you the phone number for the Office of the President, that works even better. Dish changes that number frequently, though, so I do not have a current number to give you for that.

Thank you everyone. I'll post back after calling retention. Call on the first day I'm out of contract correct?

Reactions: pattykay
There is no need to threaten to cancel. Just call the direct number for the Loyalty department. 1-888-496-1260
Exactly, unlike many cable companies and DTV in most cases, just call and ask if there's a way to lower you bill. I do this often and usually it's handled by first tier support. Occasionally it gets escalated to Loyalty

Reactions: JSheridan
Dish is bleeding customers as of lately, so they will do anything to keep you as a customer.

My suggestion is to call Directv or the cable company and see what they have to offer so they can match it or beat it.

Might as well know what your other options are
You know both Dish and DTV lost customers at the same rate last year, right?

Dish is bleeding customers as of lately, so they will do anything to keep you as a customer.

My suggestion is to call Directv or the cable company and see what they have to offer so they can match it or beat it.

Might as well know what your other options are

My local cable company offers TV with dvr, internet, and phone for $99 per month, you think DISH will match or beat that? :clapping

Reactions: brejust
I have 75mb internet for $45, Dish Flex for $48. I don't need phone. Does that beat that?
I have 30mb internet and home phone combined for about the same cost ($45), Flex Pack for $32 (will go up by $5 when two-year autopay discount expires), plus TracFone for cell service ($19.99 every three months). For my usage, I think my cost beats that. :)

Called the number given to me above twice today only to wait 30min.+ each time and had to hang up due to work. How many "Loyalty" reps. does Dish maintain - One? I'll try again on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)