Contract is done, can my son sign up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kubrickian

Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Houston
My wife and I are debating "cutting the cord" since our Dish contract is done. Our son, who lives in our house, wants to sign up for service if we cancel.
Will Dish flag this since we would be cancelling, then a family member signs up as new customer?

He doesn't have a credit card or any credit at all, just turned 18... Does that matter?

Thanks in advance

He can get his own account at the same house. Not having a credit card or credit may involve him getting the pay as you go account, no discounts.
Can you keep it in your name and have him pay you? If he doesn't pay when expected, just end it then.

He wants to establish credit and pay a lot less then we currently do. Not really interested in him paying us either, I know how that would go.

Just want to make sure he can sign up as new customer to keep the cost down some.

He wants to establish credit and pay a lot less then we currently do. Not really interested in him paying us either, I know how that would go.

Just want to make sure he can sign up as new customer to keep the cost down some.

Don't think that will work.As Tampa8 mentioned,he most likely won't qualify for new customer promos.

HE/YOU need to contact a DIRT member. ONLY they will be able to help in this tenuous scenario. Yes or no, they will be able to tell you.

System isn't set up for granting discounts to unknown quantites, credit wise. Best to establish credit elsewhere first. If you know "how that would go" why should Dish expect different?

#1 You will never establish any credit for signing up for Dish or Directv.

#2 As far as your son being a new customer, its looked upon as the same customer since same last name and same household. Same as your wife ordering service in her name.

All credit considerations aside, if your son is willing to wait 3 months, then he could sign up as a new customer at the same address without worrying about prior customer status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts