Contract is up in a month, what can I expect to get

umm knowing CS they will give you the farm...upgrade your equip...move u tp 4 rms if your not already there and disc 15 or 20 off for 1 yr and maybe free hd for 6 mths....

for signing a new 2 year with Dish if I threaten to cancel?

One poster allegedly got a $10/mo discount for a year.

Of course, if you have the family plan, I doubt they will make a big effort. However, if you subscribe to AT250 or higher with premiums, they may try to make something happen.

You can always go the route that my next door neighbor does.

He cycles from Direct to Dish to Comcast and then back over again. I am guessing he chases the deals but all of his connections into his house are by my driveway so I always know when he is making a change. Just recently went back to Comcast.

Not sure why he doesn't throw At&T Uverse in the mix. Can get that in our neighborhood also.

He cycles from Direct to Dish to Comcast and then back over again. I am guessing he chases the deals but all of his connections into his house are by my driveway so I always know when he is making a change. Just recently went back to Comcast.

Not sure why he doesn't throw At&T Uverse in the mix. Can get that in our neighborhood also.

Who goes BACK to Comcast????

What I'm thinking of, after my 2 year contract with Dish network is over is to switch over to Direct TV for 2 years and then come back to Dish network. I would never switch back to Com[strike]cast[/strike]crap.

What I'm thinking of, after my 2 year contract with Dish network is over is to switch over to Direct TV for 2 years and then come back to Dish network. I would never switch back to Com[strike]cast[/strike]crap.

If you can put up with 2 years of a POS DVR then go for it think I would wait and see what option the new DirecTivo might bring to DirecTV.Then again with Dish having the best DVR in the market it would all depend on how much hell can you put up with.;)

I don't expect a company to give me new subscriber promotions everytime a contract expires but I do expect them to be able to give some sort of deal to those that pay their bill on time and stay with them. It is cheaper for them to cost them a little money to retain a customer than to spend lots getting a new one to replace the lost customer. Customer retention is important.

for signing a new 2 year with Dish if I threaten to cancel?

Enjoy freedom, that's what you have now. You are no longer under contract so don't do anything that will sign you up with other 2 years. Now you can keep service or cancel anytime. I have had my service 7 years without Dish contract and planning to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)