Contract or Not with E*?

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I just signed up for E*'s latest new customer deal for install on Friday. I've been with D* since the beginning, about 10-11 years now. When I asked the E* rep about not signing up for the 18 months the only sacrifice I could come up with after a long discussion with her was loss of my $49.99 credit and some kind of warranty trip cost issue; $29.99 instead of $99.99. Can any E* customer elaborate on this issue. She didn't say I couldn't get all the free stuff if I refused to sign. I asked her a number of times about this.

Also, it was confusing as to their $5.99/month Home Protection Plan. What does that really give you? I have never had a service call or returned a failed receiver in all my years at D*.

Jack

With the 18 month committment comes the $49 credit for installation and free Dish Home Protection plan fro the 18 mos. If you forego the committment, you forego the DHPP, but if you have trouble, just call and sign up for DHPP, get it fixed, then call back and cancel.

Based on what you are saying, with all of the commotion going on with D* and their big plans it seems like a no-brainer to pay $49.99 for the flexibility to change vendors if E* doesn't work out.

Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts