Contract up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdiddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2013
western montana
If I call in and disconnect service,how long do I have to wait to call back in and get the new customer discounts.My contract has expired already.

I believe it's two years. You may get offers to return at a nice rate.

Thanks,I think I'm gonna just kill it,the people in the business office have been rude,getting charged 10 bucks a month for HD,now 10 bucks a month for the first reciever,which was free the last two years.Just being charged to much,only watch maybe 10 channels,and being forced to get 150 channels of pure garbage.It's time to say good bye to these bandits.

FYI, it's $6.50/month for each and every receiver/dvr if you are a new customer. It's also $15/month for hd and dvr service for the account for new customers, not each box.

Good chance if you were a "desired customer" they may have their win-back dept call you, they often offer pricing in line with new customer pricing.

Depends on how DirecTV rates your account so to speak, what they are willing to do to keep you (or get you back).

Call the cancellation department Monday and see what they offer, you'll be able to tell if they want to keep you or offer little concessions so to speak.

Can't get a straight answer from anyone on prices when I call direct.I have two recievers.They told me the dvr reciever would be $15 bucks per month,the second reciever would be $6.50.And HD is now FREE.And then the package price is added to the reciever LEASE price.Seems I get a different price from those je*k offs everytime I call in.It seems they don't have a set price anymore.

There is a set price. You might not be happy with it but there certainly is a set price. Sounds like you're already angry about it so you might as well cancel and try Comcast and see how it goes.

If I call in and disconnect service,how long do I have to wait to call back in and get the new customer discounts.My contract has expired already.
when i left dtv a few years ago, it was only a month before they started trying to get me back by offering a new customer discount.

When I left they were calling me within days and also started sending me those mailers every other week. It's silly, they could have kept me as a continuous customer if they just talked to me 24-48 hours sooner.
Based on lots of reading since my re-install, it appears that they may be more willing these days to negotiate with someone who they want to keep.

Thanks,I think I'm gonna just kill it,the people in the business office have been rude,getting charged 10 bucks a month for HD,now 10 bucks a month for the first reciever,which was free the last two years.Just being charged to much,only watch maybe 10 channels,and being forced to get 150 channels of pure garbage.It's time to say good bye to these bandits.

I am just curious, are you saying that they now charge for the first receiver, I thought that was always free??????

For new customers, I think as of last summer, there is a $6.50 charge for every receiver/dvr, but you only pay $15/month for dvr, hd and mrv per account, no more $10 for hd and $10 for dvr and $3 for mrv.

Longer than you would think.
Directv, has this covered.
IMO both satcos have this backwards. While cell phone carriers and other businesses treat their long term customers to all kinds of perks and goodies.
It seems satellite companies are biased toward acquiring new customers at the expense of existing customers

Longer than you would think.
Directv, has this covered.
IMO both satcos have this backwards. While cell phone carriers and other businesses treat their long term customers to all kinds of perks and goodies.
It seems satellite companies are biased toward acquiring new customers at the expense of existing customers
My former Cell phone provider definitely did NOT.
I was with them for over 20 years, never once a late bill and I got crap.

My former Cell phone provider definitely did NOT.
I was with them for over 20 years, never once a late bill and I got crap.
Really?....Hmm....I was out of my VZW contract and they sent me an offer for $25 off per month( have unlimited voice and text with family share and 4 gb per month data)
That was until my son's phone was stolen and had to be replaced. THat started a new 2 year deal. UGH

vzw doesnt give me anything, and i cannot upgrade or i lose my unlimited data plan

Really?....Hmm....I was out of my VZW contract and they sent me an offer for $25 off per month( have unlimited voice and text with family share and 4 gb per month data)
That was until my son's phone was stolen and had to be replaced. THat started a new 2 year deal. UGH
I was with Sprint from early 90's till Nov of last year, they haven't called, mailed, email anything ...
Of course they know they can't touch the rate I have now either, but you would think they would at least inquire.

I was with Sprint from early 90's till Nov of last year, they haven't called, mailed, email anything ...
Of course they know they can't touch the rate I have now either, but you would think they would at least inquire.
Sounds like you switched to Tmobile? If so, good choice. I've been with them 11 years with thousands of dollars of concessions on their part (overage write offs, free phones, etc) just to keep my business. They have less concessions these days but with the lowest rates in the market & good quality service (I'm in the South Florida market), I have felt no need for any.

Can't speak for cable giants, such as Comcast, but I can tell you Mediacom is no longer Mediacrap.

Yes, they don't have the sports networks -- NHL, MLB and NBA -- like most cablecos, and they don't have those sports' watch-every-game packages and the out-of-market sports packs, like the satcos, and they don't have all the NBC Sports Live Extra channels, and the UEFA spillover channels, as DirecTV does. But they have most everything else, including the same channels I was getting with DirecTV, plus whole-home HD with TiVO on three TVs. And the kicker: for about what I was paying for DirecTV alone I'm now getting TV, Internet and phone.

When I told the good folks at DirecTV why I was canceling after seven years, the best they could do was remove Sports Pack, take me down a notch in the programming tier, offer me premium channels free for three months, and tack on a $10 discount. Which would have still left me paying $40 more than I pay now -- and receiving fewer channels.

It seems the worm has turned, and now it's the satellite providers who are playing catchup.

Can't speak for cable giants, such as Comcast, but I can tell you Mediacom is no longer Mediacrap.

Yes, they don't have the sports networks -- NHL, MLB and NBA -- like most cablecos, and they don't have those sports' watch-every-game packages and the out-of-market sports packs, like the satcos, and they don't have all the NBC Sports Live Extra channels, and the UEFA spillover channels, as DirecTV does. But they have most everything else, including the same channels I was getting with DirecTV, plus whole-home HD with TiVO on three TVs. And the kicker: for about what I was paying for DirecTV alone I'm now getting TV, Internet and phone.

When I told the good folks at DirecTV why I was canceling after seven years, the best they could do was remove Sports Pack, take me down a notch in the programming tier, offer me premium channels free for three months, and tack on a $10 discount. Which would have still left me paying $40 more than I pay now -- and receiving fewer channels.

It seems the worm has turned, and now it's the satellite providers who are playing catchup.
Sounds like you have no need for any Sports channels, they have packages that have only the very basics of sports as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts