Control 525/322 with 2 *IR* remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wannabemythuser

Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Control 625/322 with 2 *IR* remotes

Has anyone effectively controlled their second tuner through IR or some computer controlled mechanism on a 322 or 625?

I am in the process of changing to mythTV for my DVR software for a large number of compelling reasons. I want to have a computer with a couple of tuners take in the outputs of the 625 (I know the 625 IS a dvr, but I want to test mythTV for a while before I commit to getting rid of dish's dvr service). However, while I can control tuner 1 on the 625 with an IR blaster from the computer, I need to know if I can control the second tuner through some mechanism other than the remote! I have done lots of searching online with some suggesting it can't be done, but I am looking as a last ditch before I throw my hands up and try getting a couple 311's.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I didn't see a 525 DVR listed. If TV2 is using UHF PRO remote commands, then probably not; I don't think any of the TV2 tuners use both UHF PRO and IR commands.

(Someone mentioned awhile back that Dish was looking at reconfiguring the ViP622 software so that TV2 could be setup to use IR & UHF PRO, just like the ViP622 TV1 does.)

If available, have you tried using Single Mode, so that either remote might control both TV1 and TV2?

Ooopss... I edited it, I don't know why I thought 525 - It is a 625. I thought of single user mode, but how do you control where the second tuner is? Definitely worth investigating more. Any other input?

I know a couple of members swear by SINGLE MODE and believe the Single/Dual button should be removed:D, so hopefully one will provide some input.

It just occured to me, that in Single Mode, you only have one output. So that would not work if you are trying to record two shows at once. Guess it will be the Dual Setting, and hopefully you'll be able to find something that can emulate a Dish DishPro Plus TV2 UHF PRO Remote.

Otherwise, it may be programming both pieces of equipment for the same time.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts