CONUS HD Locals

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I wonder how aware E* is of the amount of people who "moved" to get HD locals.

To that end, I wonder how many customers E* has kept because they were able to "move".

My question is, if the impact is significant, does anyone think E* might keep a market in the east and one in the west ConUS to "allow" people to move to get HD locals who dont have them.

I know this is not a practice they can condone in anyway, but you cant deny this keeps some people happy. I also wonder if they might keep the two markets to allow for any future ability to reobtain the right to broadcast distant locals.

Will be interesting, it is one of the only reasons I'm still a customer. They will loose my 45 bucks a month. Of course they could have kept my 100 bucks a month if they had just made NESN HD available. I'm still making adjustments, trying to watch all the stuff on the DVR, and getting the wife familiar with the Direct setup but if I loose the Boston locals I'll be gone.

Will Chicago locals be moving completely to spotbeam on 61.5 and no longer be CONUS? Hopefully E* won't become like D* and only have two CONUS locals.

Had wondered this myself. It would be a good "tip" for Dish to keep this in mind.

At least two good size markets one EAST and one WEST
with full slate of networks, PBS and CW available Conus on 110/119 would probably help them retain many-- including myself.

There are still a few markets out there that don't get even SD locals and for the ones that want HD it would be the solution.

Will be interesting, it is one of the only reasons I'm still a customer. They will loose my 45 bucks a month. Of course they could have kept my 100 bucks a month if they had just made NESN HD available. I'm still making adjustments, trying to watch all the stuff on the DVR, and getting the wife familiar with the Direct setup but if I loose the Boston locals I'll be gone.

I completely agree.............The sd's come in for me on a spot-beam in Pennsylvania, I hope the HD's on 61.5 stay conus, or at least be on a spot-beam I can get. If they had NESN-HD I would not of even gone with directv.

Since I am sure Charlie, or at least some people from Dish read this board, I am sure they are well aware that "moving" occurs.. But I am sure it is not even a blip in the equation they use to determine whether HD locals are Conus or Spotbeam.

So the question arises - is there any part of the Continental US that is not covered by a spot beam containing some HD locals ?

If the answer is no, then the "movers" don't need CONUS HD locals...

You are right-if customers can figure out a nearby market that has spotbeam coverage with HD --they can always "move" into that market area.

Do like the option of an earlier feed. If folks have OTA where they are they can also get a different time zone feed and maybe some additional games(sports) with the CONUS option. I think there are some that have stayed with SAT rather than cable for that option-- but very few.

I liked getting the news from where I used to live.
Got spoiled during the early SAT days with east and west coast feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts