Conventions

Darin1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Iowa
Is there any word on whether or not dish will be televising the republican national convention and/or the democratic national convention as their own independent channel? I'm pretty sure they've done it in the past and i figured they would have a press release or something by now as the rnc starts monday.

I think I do remember then running a special HD feed before HD was big.

However since now HD is common and all the networks broadcast in HD I wouldn't expect a special feed like we had last time.

Just because the networks are in HD doesn't mean they will show the whole thing. Plus, it would not surprise me if both the DNC and RNC pay for such a channel to be put on satellite.

Just because the networks are in HD doesn't mean they will show the whole thing. Plus, it would not surprise me if both the DNC and RNC pay for such a channel to be put on satellite.

I think they ought to pay to get anyone to broadcast it. In fact, if they want to send me a few bucks, I'll pretend to watch.

IF you're PBS is in HD , you will get full coverage of the Conventions for the entire time, not just for an hour a night like the Big 3 networks.

Republican Convention:

Failure, Failure, Failure. Obama, Failure... blame and divisive! GRRRRR!!!

Democrat Convention:

1%, Romney, 1%, Romney, 1%, we've made positive strides lets continue with the change. 1% Romney. Women... women... women... Romney 1%.

There... I just saved everyone a few days of their lives.

The last Dem convention was in Denver, and marked the first time that Echostar was selected by the DNC as the official provider/uplink services of the DNC live HD feed for open for all media to rebroadcast or use for other purposes such as actualities, so Dish just opened up the feed to its customers, as well. I can tell you the PQ was the best I'd ever seen on Dish. Full resolution a and full bit rate, I have know doubt.

I don't think Dish provided the full, uninterrupted "turn around" feed for the RNC, I think, but I could be wrong.

There is always a gavel to gavel official uninterrupted HD feed of the DNC or RNC open to all for rebroadcast or other use. It would be nice if Dish down linked it and put it up for Dish customers, but we'll have to see.

Missed a couple

Republican Convention:

Failure, Failure, Failure. Obama, Failure... blame and divisive! GRRRRR!!!

Democrat Convention:

1%, Romney, 1%, Romney, 1%, we've made positive strides lets continue with the change. 1% Romney. Women... women... women... Romney 1%.

There... I just saved everyone a few days of their lives.
Hispanic, afro-american, hispanic, ... afro-american, diversity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts