Convert DVI to firewire? or DVI to Component?

I want to feed a second source in HD but it doesn't have DVI either. I really want to hook this up to a source with firewire.

Note that the cable mentioned is NOT a converter, but simply an adapter. DVI-I includes DVI-D and DVI-A. A is for analog. DVI-A is just component output on a different plug style.

What I want to see is a reasonably priced device that will take HD DVI-D or component (whatever the plug type) and actually convert it to something I can save on a PC via firewire or whatever. All I want to do is save some shows FOR MYSELF.

SimpleSimon said:
Note that the cable mentioned is NOT a converter, but simply an adapter. DVI-I includes DVI-D and DVI-A. A is for analog. DVI-A is just component output on a different plug style.

What I want to see is a reasonably priced device that will take HD DVI-D or component (whatever the plug type) and actually convert it to something I can save on a PC via firewire or whatever. All I want to do is save some shows FOR MYSELF.

So is there a device that will convert DVI-I to firewire? I am not concerned too much with price. And since this is DVI-A will this be the same thing as component output right now on the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts