Convert Ts files to What??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I now have many many recordings from the microHD over the past few days.......I am not really sure how to edit or join so I will see how it goes.
The microHD splits the recordings up into multiple pieces once a certain size recording has been reached. The problem I found with this is that it duplicates a set number of bytes from the end of the first file in the start of the second file. (there is a post about this somewhere on the forum from a long time ago, a search for TSDoctor and playback issues should find the post) If you take a hex editor and look at the last few bytes of the recording in the first chunk, these will be repeated at the start of the second chunk. If you simply binary add the chunks together, you will create a single files of the recording, but when you play the recording you will get a small blip in the video where the files are joined as there are a number of bytes repeated at the join. To eliminate this you need to cut a certain set number of bytes off the end of the first file before adding the second file together. This number of bytes is always the same. There are various file cutter programs that can do this, and the files can be merged together through a dos command or other various file adding programs once the duplicate bytes have been removed. I had done this myself with various programs before finding TSDoctor through a post on this board. TSDoctor will cut these duplicate bytes out for you when it loads the file.

There are 256 packets, or 48128 bytes, that are at both the end of the first file and the beginning of the second file. This is what's causing the glitch. If I manually remove those bytes in my hex editor and then combine the files the transition is perfect.

Please see the thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/hd-dvr-recording-playback-problem.301880/

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)