converting from dish to directv question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
question if I have dish network right now.how hard is it to convert to directv.is it just changing the dish and hooking up the boxes?thanks for any info.

I switched from E* to D* about a month ago.
It was as simple as removing old dish and putting up new dish in same spot and swaping out receivers. The installer used the existing cable runs since they were in good shape.
As long as you're not changing the cable runs or having new rooms wired, it should be quick and painless.

question - when did you cancel dish - after the install? or is it like the phone company and they take care of it for you???

question - when did you cancel dish - after the install? or is it like the phone company and they take care of it for you???

Hi... I had Dish for 5 years and it was OK. But here in Cincy, Direct has my locals in HD. Dish would not say when they would put the locals in HD (my antenna wasn't cutting it.) I set up my Directv install and once it was done, immediatly cancelled Dish. Dish wanted me to send back my LNBs but I told them that I wasn't climbing on the roof to take them down and they said OK. In my case the DirecTV installer had to put the Slimline in a different location and install some (but not all) new cables. Their switch is significantly different than Dish. Don't worry about it, it's all free. Let them sweat the details. When I called Dish, they were cool; sent me four boxes which I put my receivers in and shipped 'em back on their nickel. If you want HD, what are you waiting for?????????? Directv for HD is molte bene :cool:

One other difference is that you will need two cable runs from the satellite if you are doing a DVR with DirecTV - I think the Dish box only needs one.

D* won't do wall fishing, etc for that second run unless you want to pay extra for it, but they will just run it to the closest external wall and drill a hole in it...

I cancelled after I had D* up and running. With possible install delays and what not, I didn't want to be without sat service.

You have to call E* to cancel, and depending on your situation, you may or may not have to send parts back. If you do, they send you the boxes and the return labels

Yep, the technology is fairly different, depending on your setup. E* is at the same spot D* was 3 years ago. Not sure why they they do the things they do, but it keeps us in business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)