Converting outdoor antenna from 722 dpp to hopper 3 dph

pghdish

Original poster
Dec 26, 2016
pittsburgh, pa
Hello all, first post here. I looked for topic discussion about this upgrade and could not find it.

I currently have a failing 722 unit with original western arc TurboHD dpp, so I decided to upgrade to hopper 3. I bought a dph lnbf (less antenna), hybrid solo hub, hopper 3 and one Joey 4k.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to remove the old dpp lnbf and replace it with a hopper 3 style dph lnbf? I have seen posts about people swapping lnbf's on 1000.2's, but I have not been able to figure out whether my particular 722-era TurboHD antenna reflector and arm is compatible

Upon trying to swap the lnbf, I noticed that the old dpp lnbf has a plastic "key hole" which is missing from the dph lnbf. This intentional design change makes it impossible to mount the new lnbf. I am now thinking that 1000.2 reflector and arm assemblies differ over the years.

Do I need a whole new outdoor dish antenna assembly, or what?

I was hoping to avoid replacing the whole antenna assembly thinking I could avoid realignment.

Here's pics of old lnbf vs new and my original outdoor antenna. Thanks for any ideas!

old antenna.JPG
dpp vs dph.JPG

Last edited:
If the DPH LNB doesn't fit your old dish it is definitely NOT a 1000.2 it's either a 1000 or a 1000.4 so yes you will need to change it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I researched 1000.4 lnb' and that looks like you have a 1000.4 dish.
You would need to replace the dish with a 1000.2 dish. The mast are
the same between a 1000.2 and a 1000.4. some times you can find a
used dish for $0 to $40.00 on Craig's list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)