Converting to HDTV

Beams

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
I need help. Presently I have 1 625 Tuner/DVR and 1 322 Tuner. The 625 controls the family room and the my bedroom while the 322 controls two other rooms. I want a HD DVR tuner to control the family room and my bed room as standard definition and the 322 not to change. How much would it cost and what Tuners would I have to change. And am I responsible for installation?

I need help. Presently I have 1 625 Tuner/DVR and 1 322 Tuner. The 625 controls the family room and the my bedroom while the 322 controls two other rooms. I want a HD DVR tuner to control the family room and my bed room as standard definition and the 322 not to change. How much would it cost and what Tuners would I have to change. And am I responsible for installation?

If you have not done a Dishin' It Up recently (within the past 12 months), that is going to be the easiest way to do it. Currently the 622 and 722 are the HD DVR's. They are pretty much the same (722 has a bigger Hard Drive). I believe the cost of the 722 is $99 and the 622 is $49, but you would want to contact Dish to find out the exact costs.

When you call, they will probably need to change the Dish (you will need to see 110, 119 and either 129 or 61.5 and possibly 118.7 if your locals are in HD and on that bird). Since they need to change the Dish (most likely) they will send an installer out that will get everything up and running for you.

Geoff

If you have not done a Dishin' It Up recently (within the past 12 months), that is going to be the easiest way to do it. Currently the 622 and 722 are the HD DVR's. They are pretty much the same (722 has a bigger Hard Drive). I believe the cost of the 722 is $99 and the 622 is $49, but you would want to contact Dish to find out the exact costs.

When you call, they will probably need to change the Dish (you will need to see 110, 119 and either 129 or 61.5 and possibly 118.7 if your locals are in HD and on that bird). Since they need to change the Dish (most likely) they will send an installer out that will get everything up and running for you.

Geoff

Indeed. Also keep in mind that our warehouse (as an RSP for Dish) is no longer being shipped 622's; we only carry 722's now. Eventually we'll probably get reman 622's back, but for now the 722 is our standard HD DVR upgrade until the 612 comes in.

I just upgraded to HD.
I got a great deal. 2 DVR's for free. I paid $99.00 up front and then am rebated $100.00 each. Also 6 months HD free and 3 months Shotime free. This offer may have changed on Feb 1.

In your case, I'm guessing that you keep what you want and get a 622 DVR to run one HD set and the other SD.
Should work fine.
Realize you do need to sign an 18 month contract to get the equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)