Converting tv1 to UHF instead of IR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
What is needed & how difficult is it? The LCD tv that I am considering (Samsung 850) apparently has some problems that affect the IR operation of Dish's 622/722 receivers. Some have reported that converting from IR to UHF as a work around.

What is needed & how difficult is it? The LCD tv that I am considering (Samsung 850) apparently has some problems that affect the IR operation of Dish's 622/722 receivers. Some have reported that converting from IR to UHF as a work around.

you need to get ahold of another 6.3 remote like the one you have for TV2.

I would choose a remote address number other than 1, so thast any close neighbors won't be changing your channels or controling your DVR. Make sure You use the black number 1 key. Pull up your system info screen on the receiver. you'll see that the numer 1 is IR. Press and hold the Sat button until all lights light up, now press any single number or double digit from 1 to 21. Now press the pound button the Sat light will flash three times. Now press record you IR and UHF remotes with both operate TV1

I would choose a remote address number other than 1, so thast any close neighbors won't be changing your channels or controling your DVR. Make sure You use the black number 1 key. Pull up your system info screen on the receiver. you'll see that the numer 1 is IR. Press and hold the Sat button until all lights light up, now press any single number or double digit from 1 to 21. Now press the pound button the Sat light will flash three times. Now press record you IR and UHF remotes with both operate TV1

well, you missed a couple of steps. the part that always trips everyone up.

1st at TV1; you take your original IR remote for TV1 and go to menu 6-1-6 and turn on "enhancements".

2nd go to Menu 6-1-3; then cursor to the #1 remote icon THEN pick up your new UHF remote......

ANY 6.3 remote will work if you alter it correctly, the key color doesnt matter much. can be a Blue #2 key. Its all about the switch actuated by that key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)