cool gadget for PS3

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
cool gadget for watching movies on PS3

The Nyko Bluewave remote. I bought this gem for $9.99 and it works great. Great construction and 1/2 the size of the Sony PS3 remote. The USB dongle converts from Bluetooth to IR allowing you to also program any learning remote! I can't believe how much value I am getting for 10 bucks! It doesnt have number keys or power on, but if you are watching a movie you have to put it in the machine anyway. Available at EBgames website:http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802793

Sorry looks like its backordered now and priced higher.

Someone should come out with the IR/RF dongle by itself so people can use their Harmony, etc with the PS3... that's the only real drawback to it as a BD player, although the normal controller works fine.

Someone should come out with the IR/RF dongle by itself so people can use their Harmony, etc with the PS3... that's the only real drawback to it as a BD player, although the normal controller works fine.
Actually that is what I am using this dongle for. I found an 880 for 1/2 price and decided to give Harmony a second chance then bought this to copy with it. You still need the remote initially. You have to have a remote to program your all in one learning remote with. If someone came out with a just a dongle, how would you program your remote?

Actually that is what I am using this dongle for. I found an 880 for 1/2 price and decided to give Harmony a second chance then bought this to copy with it. You still need the remote initially. You have to have a remote to program your all in one learning remote with. If someone came out with a just a dongle, how would you program your remote?

Good point :)

I'm sure someone could figure it out, though. Maybe it would be an add-on for the Harmony itself. As long as it had the PS3 programming in its database, you'd be good, right? But I guess if you can get this for $9.99 (or even $19.99), it's just as good.

Good point :)

I'm sure someone could figure it out, though. Maybe it would be an add-on for the Harmony itself. As long as it had the PS3 programming in its database, you'd be good, right? But I guess if you can get this for $9.99 (or even $19.99), it's just as good.
If Harmony looked at my account and the IR codes my 880 learned for the PS3 device they could add it to the database I would think. I wanted to email them but my software didnt show an address.

If Harmony looked at my account and the IR codes my 880 learned for the PS3 device they could add it to the database I would think. I wanted to email them but my software didnt show an address.

Any thoughts as to whether or not my D* remote could handle learning those codes? Eventually I need to get a better remote but it hasn't been high enough on the priority list for me to spend what I would need to, to get the one I'd want.... this might be a cheap interim solution.

FYI, it's an RC64R

Any thoughts as to whether or not my D* remote could handle learning those codes? Eventually I need to get a better remote but it hasn't been high enough on the priority list for me to spend what I would need to, to get the one I'd want.... this might be a cheap interim solution.

FYI, it's an RC64R
Im not sure. I have too many devices for the D* remote to handle anyway. The Harmony is running my Onkyo Reciever, Samsung DLp, HD-A1, PS3, Avel Linkplayer2 and the D* HR20.

The Nyko Bluewave remote. I bought this gem for $9.99 and it works great. Great construction and 1/2 the size of the Sony PS3 remote. The USB dongle converts from Bluetooth to IR allowing you to also program any learning remote! I can't believe how much value I am getting for 10 bucks! It doesnt have number keys or power on, but if you are watching a movie you have to put it in the machine anyway. Available at EBgames website:http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802793

Sorry looks like its backordered now and priced higher.

Good find. When I get my harmony, I'm going to pick this up!

Good find. When I get my harmony, I'm going to pick this up!
Make sure you buy from a licensed retailer. I didnt the first time and the remote last only a few months. Im not sure how it is since Logitech took over, but Harmony wouldnt honor warranties unless purchased from an approved distributer back then. I found the 880 though at 100 dollars off on Cyber Monday online at Best Buy. At that price, 100 bucks below retail from an approved vendor I couldnt resist.

It's amazing how many people get upset when they buy something at a "great price" and then find out the manufacturer won't honor the warranty because it wasn't from an authorized retailer. Everything is a trade off, and we should not expect to get great prices, great service, and no risk.

Of course, I got my 880 from Costco and never checked to see if they were authorized! :eek:

Someone wake me up!!!!!!! Vurbano actually posting something that has the word *cool* with the word *sony* on the same line?
Joking man, just picking on ya, on a serius note, I am going to wait for something cooler, I bet in a month or so there will be more remotes released, maybe not from sony, but from other companies.

Someone wake me up!!!!!!! Vurbano actually posting something that has the word *cool* with the word *sony* on the same line?
Joking man, just picking on ya, on a serius note, I am going to wait for something cooler, I bet in a month or so there will be more remotes released, maybe not from sony, but from other companies.
Dude its just a remote and someone had to fix Sony's ridiculous mistake. A Blutooth remote? yeah that will work well for everyone. What were they thinking? :rolleyes:

It's amazing how many people get upset when they buy something at a "great price" and then find out the manufacturer won't honor the warranty because it wasn't from an authorized retailer. Everything is a trade off, and we should not expect to get great prices, great service, and no risk.

Of course, I got my 880 from Costco and never checked to see if they were authorized! :eek:
Buy.com where I purchased the first one, isnt exactly a fly by night organization. In any case, an item that expensive should last a lot longer. My mistake for not checking I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts