Cool new info in the Pub

stuart628 said:
DAMN IT!!!! I actually had to pay for a paper today so I could read the information on there, there was a little teaser headline they let peep through the window, but actually made me pay for the paper! what low life scums these people are lets revolt!

Hehe. Yeah, I don't understand why people think that they are entitled to all information for free. Some people just don't understand how much it costs to run a site like this. It isn't like the yearly subscription is very much!

stuart628 said:
DAMN IT!!!! I actually had to pay for a paper today so I could read the information on there, there was a little teaser headline they let peep through the window, but actually made me pay for the paper! what low life scums these people are lets revolt!

I was trying to steal my neighbors paper but his (hot) wife came out, flashed me, and stole the paper back :D

Don't let it bug you, as I don't let it bug me. The folks who complaign most are the ones who contribue the least to the site.

The person is also a staff member for another satellite forum so take a step back and figure out why hes really moaning. :)

stuart628 said:

I saw one of those headlines too. When I got back to my computer I logged into the newspaper's website and saw the story for free. Saw lots of ads too! :D

I've finally decided that it was time for me to donate some $$$ to this fantastic site. I've gotten more helpful info to last quite a long time! :up

To those whining about this whole issue: want some cheese to go with it? Scott isn't doing anything wrong! (And I'm not just saying that because we share the same name [Scott]!)

I have dialup and I have no trouble loading the site most of the time and posting on here. My post count proves that.

I paid my dues - so to speak - when I first joined - and I would say that it has been well worth the small amount of money. For one, I am supporting a resource I get a WHOLE lot out of; and two, I don't have to deal with ANY OF THE ADS.

Kind of like public radio; if you use it, contribute towards it. Scott and others are providing a great resource.

Just my 2cents.

Mike

Bill R said:
I realize that it takes money to run a sight like this but I think that is is piss-poor policy to charge for any information. If information is THAT useful (or important) it should be available to every member.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't let it bug you, as I don't let it bug me. The folks who complaign most are the ones who contribue the least to the site.

The person is also a staff member for another satellite forum so take a step back and figure out why hes really moaning. :)

So this guy works on another forum and can't spell/comprehend web site, it must be quite a sight to behold!...

An ad-blocker also helps nuke the ads. The machine here at work has it engaged although at home they're not blocked.

Anyway I think this thread is a teaser to get more members to donate to see what's inside.

Don't all the ads help out? I noticed no Google ads though.

michaelgizzi said:
I paid my dues - so to speak - when I first joined - and I would say that it has been well worth the small amount of money. For one, I am supporting a resource I get a WHOLE lot out of; and two, I don't have to deal with ANY OF THE ADS.

Kind of like public radio; if you use it, contribute towards it. Scott and others are providing a great resource.

Just my 2cents.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts