Cool Sling TV/Air TV classic experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

silverdiskdj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I was looking to see if anyone reviewed on a total "out of the house" experience of the Sling TV/Air TV classic combo. I have finally been able to do so, via the Amazon Fire TV box. I have been "confined" to the hospital for a short term due to a chronic disease I have, so I decided to make "lemons" out of lemonade and bring in my Amazon Fire TV box from home.

This, of course, has access to the local channels integrated due to my purchase of the Air TV classic. I haven't really been able to fully use it in the house, as we have a Roku box hooked up to the main TV in the house (as that is glitch free with Disney O&O channels, unlike the android-based devices which seem to have issues with those.. at least as of a month ago... may have been fixed by now). I purchased a Fire TV for the purpose of being able to integrate the locals, though.

My review: It works great. I cannot say how pleased I am to see the local channels integrate, even on location at the hospital. The channel changes work seemlessly, and outside of a little buffering once and a while... you wouldn't be able to tell that it was my local antenna or national. The guide info is all there, so it looks as if it belongs. The only downside I am seeing is for some reason, my cloud DVR feature hasn't been coming through on the Sling TV app here, on location, for some reason. Maybe there is a reasoning for not being able to access out of the house? Or a setting I am forgetting? Or Amazon Fire TV doesn't work with the cloud DVR? All on-demand currently works, however, so it is a very small thing.

Just wanted to give my two cents on how this works, especially out of the house.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)