Spectrum Choice

tcat007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
Austin
Anyone tried Spectrum Choice yet? Seems like a good deal, choice of 10 channels with locals $22, plus all 5 premium movie bundle $15, 2 year. Curious about on demand, haven't been on cable for 25 years. No DVR, but if you can view recent shows on demand, may not be necessary. I'm already on their internet service, so maybe my $78 internet rate would drop with a bundle.

I've had it for two weeks and love it. It's been doing great. Tons of on demand including your local networks. There are commercials but does the DVR job for me. I added ESPN and use the spectrum login for watchespn so you can have the other ESPN channels without them counting towards your 10.

Spectrum login also works for fox sports go app as well. I did not pick any extra fox sports when signing up. Picture quality is very good. 21.99 and 15 for the premium movie channels ends up being 41 after taxes. Can't beat it if you ask me.

I did it for 2 weeks, 6 weeks ago. For me PlayStation Vue is a better fit for $12 more, not interested in premiums. Still have access to app logins after canceling . I asked about a bundle in Central Florida they said no, but I pay $65 for internet.

I've had it for two weeks and love it. It's been doing great. Tons of on demand including your local networks. There are commercials but does the DVR job for me. I added ESPN and use the spectrum login for watchespn so you can have the other ESPN channels without them counting towards your 10.

Spectrum login also works for fox sports go app as well. I did not pick any extra fox sports when signing up. Picture quality is very good. 21.99 and 15 for the premium movie channels ends up being 41 after taxes. Can't beat it if you ask me.

How are you getting the Dvr?

I’m not getting dvr I use on demand in its place. Most of the dvr I have seen on the steaming services are little more than on demand anyway. However they told me when I signed up you can add dvr for $20

That would probably be a cable box,but the other day I googled"Charter Spectrum Cloud DVR" and there was an application for a software engineer for Charter Spectrum so it would seem that a Cloud DVR will be in Spectrum's future
which we can only hope because the guide is better on the Spectrum app and so is the On Demand.
I'm looking forward to the time that I can get all my Charter Spectrum HDTV services through my Roku Stick+.

That looks like like using the app if you are getting a TV package. Spectrum choice would be streaming only. HOw many streams are ou allowed if you have Spectrum choice?
I think it's unlimited. This service is not like Sling ,PlayStation Vue or Dire tv now. It's Iptv not OTT. Its runs though your cable line. There is no login, and most channels are blocked away from home.

That looks like like using the app if you are getting a TV package. Spectrum choice would be streaming only. HOw many streams are ou allowed if you have Spectrum choice?
You can have as many streams at one time going as you like best I can tell. If you're asking the amount of channels it's 10 plus your locals. Locals vary based on location I believe. I have had three TVs streaming at the same time without issue.

You can have as many streams at one time going as you like best I can tell. If you're asking the amount of channels it's 10 plus your locals. Locals vary based on location I believe. I have had three TVs streaming at the same time without issue.

Thanks. Know its 10 channels, just wondering on how many streams at once. DirectvNow is 2.

I think it's unlimited. This service is not like Sling ,PlayStation Vue or Dire tv now. It's Iptv not OTT. Its runs though your cable line. There is no login, and most channels are blocked away from home.
I didn't think so, you watch online. You don't need a cable box. It says you can watch on the go.

Introducing Spectrum TV Choice - Try FREE for 7 days

I have received two invitations to try this service but without Apple TV capability or Roku capability, (am I wrong about that?) it isn't for me.

Yea sorry that's what I have.
I'm using the Spectrum app to enhance my Spectrum HDTV Gold package,because my cable box is definitely in need of a software update.The only benefit of a cable box is when I have internet interuptions my cable box is still working.