Spectrum goes all streaming

Still not getting if apps will disappear after Vega intro. Until replacements in the new OS appear, if ever.
Time for you to buy a Roku Ultra then.

I have pointed out many times, it is not the most fanciest looking interface, but it has never failed me yet, every app always works.

I have multiple Rokus, a Fire Stick and a couple Smart TVs that run Android apps, YT etc.

Will apps disappear, even if briefly, once the Vega OS takes over? I doubt anybody knows.

I have a Roku Ultra, but I rarely use it. When I do, it gets the job done though. Usually the job is working when some app or another doesn't want to cooperate on one of my AppleTVs. Usually this is Hulu. Hopefully things will work better once the Hulu content is in the Disney+ app. Roku is definitely the "just works" solution, but there are some ways in which it doesn't quite measure up to the AppleTV. Not that it should, given the price difference.

Also, Roku doesn't seem to work quite as well with all the ARC setups in my house, including the 24" Roku TV and Streambar in the kitchen. If you're wondering why you would need to use an AppleTV or Roku Ultra with other Roku devices, the small TVs and Streambar are severly underpowered -- YTTV is almost unusable on them.

Anyway, I've been a big Roku fan since the original. I highly recommend them, and it is what I got my parents to use when they switched to streaming.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I have six Firesticks just wrapped up and put in a plastic bag for emergencies. They were by far the most finicky hardware I used. Always having to worry about clearing the cache or running into problems of one type of another. Now I’m using the Roku Express+ 4K sticks and they are rock solid. I also appreciate the Roku Channel they come with. I also have an Apple TV and the most noticeable difference is its speed And UI. Much quicker than the Roku’s but for the money it should be.

To the express, yes, try a Roku Ultra, about the same if not better.
Definitely better than other Roku devices and the same as AppleTV on some apps. For other apps, like YTTV, I haven't used anything as fast as the AppleTV 4K, even the original from 2017. Not sure about the newest AppleTV, but it should be even faster. The Roku Ultra should be plenty fast enough for anyone though, especially on Black Friday special at $69. Very responsive!

I have six Firesticks just wrapped up and put in a plastic bag for emergencies. They were by far the most finicky hardware I used. Always having to worry about clearing the cache or running into problems of one type of another.
This is so true. They have gotten much better over the years, but still finicky. With the move away from Android to their new OS, I'm anticipating the problem will get worse, not better. I think we're going to see a situation within the Fire ecosystem akin to smart TV apps wherein they get infrequently updated or are very buggy.

I have Spectrum for an internet provider. I have had Dish. I do have it on pause. I picked up Sling Blue and 7 add on packs for $61 a month. Far better than the Dish Flex Pack, many more channels I had lost inc FXM. I don't need to pay fees to Spectrum for their box. They should offer their service on the Fire Stick & Roku like everyone else does. They may get more subs.

I have Spectrum for an internet provider. I have had Dish. I do have it on pause. I picked up Sling Blue and 7 add on packs for $61 a month. Far better than the Dish Flex Pack, many more channels I had lost inc FXM. I don't need to pay fees to Spectrum for their box. They should offer their service on the Fire Stick & Roku like everyone else does. They may get more subs.
They do, have for at least 3 years.

They do, but you still pay their ridiculous DVR, Broadcast, etc. fees. You do avoid the per-box fees though.

• Sad
I have six Firesticks just wrapped up and put in a plastic bag for emergencies. They were by far the most finicky hardware I used. Always having to worry about clearing the cache or running into problems of one type of another. Now I’m using the Roku Express+ 4K sticks and they are rock solid. I also appreciate the Roku Channel they come with. I also have an Apple TV and the most noticeable difference is its speed And UI. Much quicker than the Roku’s but for the money it should be.
The issue with ROKU devices is after 5 years or so ..they don't get software updates and such

Will they update ancient firetv devices?
Probably not, it’ll probably be just like Huawei’s HarmonyOS where they only updated their relatively new Android-based devices to the OS and kept their ancient phones on Android, no matter if they had Google services on them or not.