YTTV Channel choices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
I've been a Dish Network customer for 24(?) years now. Our contract runs out in December. Considering cutting the cord for YTTV. I went to Dish's website and YTTV's website and copied down the channel listings. There are some channels I *THINK* we occasionally watch on Dish that aren't listed on YTTV (or they're listed and I missed them). We only pay $85/month for Dish (all in, taxes, fees, everything) for AT200. So I'm thinking we MIGHT save ~$10-15 if we cut the cord. Can someone with YTTV tell me if any of these channels are available:

A&E
Cooking
Discovery Family
Disney West
Epic
Fuse
FYI
History
Lifetime
Lifetime Movies
Magnolia
NASA
Nick West
Pac12
Science

No single one is a deal killer, and some are more important than others.

TIA.

I've been a Dish Network customer for 24(?) years now. Our contract runs out in December. Considering cutting the cord for YTTV. I went to Dish's website and YTTV's website and copied down the channel listings. There are some channels I *THINK* we occasionally watch on Dish that aren't listed on YTTV (or they're listed and I missed them). We only pay $85/month for Dish (all in, taxes, fees, everything) for AT200. So I'm thinking we MIGHT save ~$10-15 if we cut the cord. Can someone with YTTV tell me if any of these
A&E
Cooking
Discovery Family
Disney West
Epic
Fuse
FYI
History
Lifetime
Lifetime Movies
Magnolia
NASA
Nick West
Pac12
Science

No single one is a deal killer, and some are more important than others.

TIA.
Most of those are not carried on YTTV. No streaming service carries the west coast feeds

As a sling sub here is what I know for them

A&E-Orange package ($35)
Cooking-add on pack for $6
Discovery Family-not carried
Disney West-not carried
Epic-never heard of it...you mean Epix
Fuse-Orange package
FYI-in add on pack for $6
History-Orange
Lifetime-Orange

Lifetime Movies-add on
Magnolia-add on
NASA-not carried
Nick West-not carried
Pac12-sports pack $11
Science-different add on pack for $6

The same add on pack gives you Cooking, LMN, Magnolia, FYI along with VH1, We and all 3 Hallmark channels (orignal, drama and movies/mysteries). Science is in a different add on pack.

You get Disney, Freeform and ESPN/ESPN2 in the Orange package. As mentioned above there is no west feeds carried. Pac12 is all the feeds + a free type one (even if you dont add the sports pack) that gives you more of the "olympic" sports like Volleyball and Soccer.

They have a 30 day free trial so you can check for yourself...but the experts seem quiet today
But if the channels he wants aren't carried why even bother? If one is missing yes. But when most of the stations he listed aren't carried it doesn't seem logical to give them your CC info.
Oh and its normally a 14 day trial for YTTV but they are doing a 21 day trial right now

Reactions: DaveKL69
But if the channels he wants aren't carried why even bother? If one is missing yes. But when most of the stations he listed aren't carried it doesn't seem logical to give them your CC info.
Oh and its normally a 14 day trial for YTTV but they are doing a 21 day trial right now
I saw an offer for 30 days on my roku

Reactions: DaveKL69
Agreed, why I consider it a great service, 1080P picture, DD+ sound, unlimited DVR, no box fee for up to 3 TVs, great guide, channels I consider important ( not many) and only $65 a month.

Once I saw his channel list, it became moot and why bother.

Where was the offer? Sounds great just got Roku, so still getting familiar with it. I have been thinking for a while now about dropping DirecTv for YTTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)