Cool tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Earlier today I picked up the cool tv on galaxy 19 ku band did anyone else catch this? It was on the pitcom transponders.

Dan Rose

working fine here

80's at 8 is on (keep forgetting since the national feed its an hour ahead of what I had OTA)

Scans in as THECOOLTV on 97w, 11836, Vertical, 20769, SID: 10, VPID: 66, APID: 67, PCR: 66, FEC 3/4, DVBS (QPSK), SD, 480i

rrob311 said:
Weird I had Cooltv and it was showing smart lifestyle TV so I rescanned it and then the cooltv changed to smart lifestyle tv. My signal is kind of weak.

Something is wrong with your receiver. Smart Lifestyle is on 11842, Horizontal, 22000 with significantly different PIDs. The only similarity is the SID 10.

Maybe time for a factory reset?

I figured out what was wrong. For some reason I had the transponder in as H so it picked up the channels in the next transponder up.

its on the pitt comm channels on those transponders.

Dan Rose

which gives us really no info...there is a reason I posted transponder info above in post 3 because I dont know what "the pittcomm channels" are so I scanned the whole satellite and deleted like 200 channels after doing that

Sorry Ice I say the pit comm transponder is when it comes up on my sonicveiw 1000 its says pitt comm. Also I don't have internet at the house I use the internet at the college thats why I can't look at my receiver when I am online.

Dan Rose

Weird,I guess it had scanned it in originally as a radio channel,never looked there.When I did a pid scan it was still radio.Deleted all the radio channels,did another pid scan and this time it did it right,tv channel.This is with a Coolsat 5000.

Great find! Our local Cool TV sadly changed to The Country Network a while back.

Also of note half of the Nagravision protected radio channels on 12053 are now FTA. Who knows how long it will last but there is some good stuff there

EDIT: The 12053 radio channels went back to encryption :(

Last edited:
One of our local channels runs CoolTV as a subchannel. TBH, I've not watched it, but I do see it in my guide :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts