Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
florida
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

I have been trying for 4 days to get a signal with a pansat 2700a that I got used. Level would go as high as 88% but no quality. Trying to hit amc 3 my closest south sat to line my dish. Got a used coolsat 4000 pro delivered this am hooked it up without changing any settings to my dish and its telling me I am on Dish 119 with a Q of 66%. Scanned and downloaded 70 channels of which 3 are actually coming in THIS TV, NASSA and Roberts COMM. The rest are saying Q is 3-4. What next if I go to the menu and put the receiver on AMC 3 (87W) level of 90 % and Q o 3-4 both in RED????

I have been trying for 4 days to get a signal with a pansat 2700a that I got used. Level would go as high as 88% but no quality. Trying to hit amc 3 my closest south sat to line my dish. Got a used coolsat 4000 pro delivered this am hooked it up without changing any settings to my dish and its telling me I am on Dish 119 with a Q of 66%. Scanned and downloaded 70 channels of which 3 are actually coming in THIS TV, NASSA and Roberts COMM. The rest are saying Q is 3-4. What next if I go to the menu and put the receiver on AMC 3 (87W) level of 90 % and Q o 3-4 both in RED????

Rod,

I may be incorrect here but it sounds like you are using a DishNetwork Antenna and the DishNetwork LNBFs to attempt to pull in linear FTA signals. If my suspicions are correct, then you cannot do this. You have to install a larger dish and use a linear LNBF.

Like I stated, I may be wrong, but that is what it sounds like. You will have to provide more information and details for us to be sure of what you are doing and what equipment you are using.

RADAR

Radar
The OP mentions he did lock some channels on 87W so the C-Band dish is aimed at or very near 87W. As we know the Coolsat has been known to put bogus info in the "sat identification" spot ;)

What I would do is put the Coolsat on AMC3 C-Band. Make sure its set for SINGLE and LNB Freq 5150. Then do a blind scan and see what happens

Radar
The OP mentions he did lock some channels on 87W

Tony,

Sorry, but you didn't read this one right. He isn't getting anything from 87W here. Signal strength is high, but in the red and quality is in the dirt. He reported that he is getting about three channels that were from 119.0W (which I just assume are the circular freebies from DN). We need more information from the OP to troubleshoot.

RADAR

I guess here is where I am confused

Scanned and downloaded 70 channels of which 3 are actually coming in THIS TV, NASSA and Roberts COMM.

Those channels are on AMC3 C-Band (87W). Roberts Communication is one of the many horse/dog/chicken/whatever animal race feeds out there on 87W & 95W

I guess here is where I am confused

Scanned and downloaded 70 channels of which 3 are actually coming in THIS TV, NASSA and Roberts COMM.

Those channels are on AMC3 C-Band (87W). Roberts Communication is one of the many horse/dog/chicken/whatever animal race feeds out there on 87W & 95W

Now I am a little confused. The OP's comments are throwing me off. Roberts is indeed from 87W C-Band.

RADAR

Sorry guys I guess should have mentioned I just set up a WI 6ft $69.00 special with a new WI DMX741 LNBF

Thanks Rodm

Sorry guys I guess should have mentioned I just set up a WI 6ft $69.00 special with a new WI DMX741 LNBF

Thanks Rodm

Rod,

Please pardon me on this one Rod. I have a bad cold and the statement about the receiver telling you that you were on 119W is confusing my already swimming head.
I cannot explain that indication, although there are C-Band TPs on ANIK F3 @ 118.8°W.

The three channels you mentioned could all be from AMC 3 C-Band (Roberts on 3752 V, NASA on 3866 H, 3874 H or 3883 H and THIS TV on 3833 H).

Now that you have listed your equipment, that will certainly help. However, I personally have no experience with C-Band dish setups and alignments, so I am going to have to opt out of this conversation. Anything I would say would be only guesses. The C-Band guys should be helping you on this one. It might be wise to post your question in the C-Band area to receive better exposure to those who are more savvy with that band and BUDS. You'll get answers from the same people here, but maybe your question would be more highly viewed there.

I wish you luck and apologize for not being a better help on this one. I will get me a C-Band BUD one day, too. Then I will be asking you questions. :)

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun SD180G Review

Weird receiver issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)