Coolsat 4000 Pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Coolsat 4000 Pro-HELP!!

Everything is going great and now a problem with my receiver. For some reason, it won't blind scan!!! I have scanned in about 150 channels and everything has been working great. Now, when I tried to blind scan on several satellites, the blind scan screen comes on, it indicates it is moving the dish and then the screen goes blank and swithces over to a viewing channel. I noticed that under the satellite's name in the blind scan screen, the frequency starts with 00.000. I don't remember if it was always that way, but sure doesn't look right. Can anybody help???:(

Last edited:
I searched the internet and see that there are methods for updating the software in my Coolsat. Can someone walk me through this? This may fix my problem.

well i can walk you through it but i would only do it as a last resort.

i use the channel editor at first CM but now just the basic coolsat one and i suspect that if you have scanned a bunch your now loaded down the system some call TP overload.

i delete a lot of scanned channels or infrequent one keeping the basic load of channels i like to watch and save it with the editor . do you nkow that almost all receiver already come loaded with several tps for each satellite, even the satellites your not watching

this is a tip for everyone ( if they don't use these satellites) (i counted 300 transponders that i don't use on those sats)
now i currently don't watch anything east of 72W so I can clear all those transponders out , freeing up your receiver ...... i can manually delete them from the receiver one at a time or with the editor its a lot faster

so this is what i would do . get the channel editor for coolsat
download your channel list. and save a copy ( i always save it as the day i'm doing it. and i usually make a second copy (redundant)

then you can do a factory reset

then you can edit your channel list ( only one save the other as an original) and upload it back to the receiver.

now here is a tip no one told me (until it was too late....

when using the loader you download and up load your channel list from the channels tab
if it says software tab that is to load (and only load) software to the receiver once this is done it can't be undone unless you have the same version software to replace it with. so what i'm saying is if you have version 2.0 on the receiver and you upload 2.01 but later you think you like 2.0 better you must have that version to go back. you never want to stop it once you have started the upload process.

Just a thought, but have you tried to delete some transponders and or channels that are not active to see if that helps? Also check the blind scan parameters to make sure the scan frequency is scanning a valid range.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts