New Viewsat Extreme Need Help :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnpl93

Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
hey guys whats up! well my extreme came in yesturday! i love it well not yet lol! well i got everything set up picked up a dish from my friend for now! well i live in central florida in lakeland in between tampa and orlando can you guys help me cause im getting a signal but dont know what staellite to lock onto i think my friend told me like 110 or something like 119 i locked onto i think 91. and when i scan it i get like about around 200 and when i save the channels and go to the channels list there is only about 30! can you guys plz help me! i got ride of my cable for this! maybe my dish is broke??? well thnx srry for the lond write up! any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!! thnx

What channels are you expecting to receive? If you are aimed at 119W, you will receive several TV channels (NASA, Angel One and several promo channels) and several dozen radio services. Most channels on that satellite are scrambled and you will not be able to receive unless you subscribe to Dish Network.

To receive the free TV and Radio channels try using a 36" (90cm) dish with a linear LNBF and aim at g10R (123w), Galaxy25 (97W) or one of the many other satellites with unencrypted channels.

If you are aimed at 119W, you will receive several TV channels and several dozen radio services. Most channels on that satellite are scrambled and you will not be able to receive unless you subscribe to Dish Network.

what kind of satellite do u suggest or brand or link! im going to go try aiming it at 97w! thnx for the help would like to know some more im a total noob! after i find the sat. i do the blind scan right?

well i tried to find both and couldnt find either? whats wrong? is my dish broken? are my settings wrong?

srry for all these questions but wat is my anntena setup suppose to look linke theres some lnb and othe stuff??? plz help im clueless!

if u acces my photo gallery i posted some things up hope that helps!

Attachments

• IMG_4665.JPG
    IMG_4665.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    521.9 KB · Views: 191
The dish is too small..plain and simple.
You need a 30" dish and a KU Band LNB to get free to air

What were you planning on picking up with the receiver? Anything in specific?

If he puts a linear LNB on that 18 inch dish with a bit of work, and a bit of luck he could get KUIL off of 101.

To receive Galaxy 25 at 97W you will need a 36" dish and a linear LNBF. You can find these items from one of the sponsors of this site.

Once you have the larger dish and linear LNBF we will be able to assist with the installation and aiming.

Het got rid of cable what do you think :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts