Coolsat 4000 Won't Take Satellite Position

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
It's a long shot for me, but I'm trying to add in 61 W Amazonas to pick up the Black Belt Channel and improve my ass-kicking skills. I go to MENU, MOTORIZED SETTING, change to USALS which allows me to edit the satellite position. The DEFAULT is 000.0E and I can edit it to 61W, but when I try to either EXIT, MENU or hit OK, it defaults to 61E, which of course, does me no good. Why is this happening?

Maybe I should have searched first. I found the discussion on the demise of Black Belt TV, but I still need to know how to get the satellite position to save. I am thinking my unit may have a bug. The firmware is the original from early last year purchase.

Guess its back to getting my ass-kicked on the playground tomorrow. Iceberg, you offer protection service? ;)

you should be able to change the E to W in the setup. Go to the "e" and hit "ok" and that changes to "w"

Do you have your latitude/longitude programmed in?

Yes, the "e" can be changed to "w" with either the OK button or the pair of double arrow buttons just above the OK and four arrows around it (vol and ch). It does change to "w", but when I get out by hitting "EXIT" or "MENU", it fails to save the "w", comes up "61e" always.

I had the same problem and only way I could do it is by putting the (360-61)=299 E and saved it. It gets saved as 61 W.

Thanks zero, that worked. I did a blind scan and I got some green but no channels logged. I see that 61W is not showing up on my Group list. Is this because no channels were found?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)